Get shipment lines usage

Dear All,

I am currently facing a problem to understand the problems that is the function of get shipment lines in the sales invoice (service). If I have no sales shipment lines (post sales order with option only ship) then I get it empty lines. And if I post service order, there is no choice that the get shipment lines will be filled with service item, so I wonder what will be the function of get shipment line in the service order, meanwhile there is a sales order that actually governs the use of get shipment lines.

Tks beforehand for your answer.

Rgds,

Mark

Hi Mark

I am afraid you question is not really clear.

Are you asking the purpose of get shipment lines in the sales invoice for service?

You then say you have no shipment lines but simply ship the order? So you have shiopment lines then??

Not really sure where your issue is or what your question is I am afraid. Could you possibly break it down for me.

Hi Steven,

tks for your answer. I just want to ask about the purpose of get shipment lines in the sales invoice for service. When I post my service order, system directly create service invoice, that’s why I am doubt about the function of get shipment lines in the service invoice.

Then, I consider than combine shipment can’t apply in the service management, can it?. this really make me really not understand.

Rgds,

Mark

Hi Mark

It has been a long time since I looked at Service Management, however you do not ship a service order. I would say that the get shipment lines is there because the sales order is used as a basis and they left it behind. I will try and remember to check, but I do not believe it is relevant. However theoretically you could ship the customer goods and then bring them onto a service invoice as long as you specify the contract it was against. As I said I will try to remember to check. [:D]

Hi Steven,

Tks a lot for your answer. I am not sure now that it is related to service contract because service contract and not service contract use the same service order, the different only the vcontract no. field in the header.

I will await you for the new explanation.

Rgds,

Mark

Hi Mark

I am afraid I do not understand your comment so you will be waiting a long time for a new explanation! My explanation is that it may not be relevant - are you asking because you want to use it? If so in what concept. I have given you a way of getting these onto a service invoice, you sell an item related to a service contract, but apart from this there is little purpose to the functionality in my opinion.

Hi Steven,

What I mean in my previous posting is that I don’t use service contract. I think service contract will use service order too, and there is no service order for service contract. So, I am afraid that there is no function the get shipment lines in the service invoice. I hope we are all here must decide it.

Rgds,

Mark

Hi Mark

I was giving a possible reason why the get shipment lines exist in this environment. If you just post an order and associate it with nothing then the get shipment line process is irrelevant to you.

Hi Steven,

It’s clear for me now about the get shipment lines function. At least I know it will have function in the reight place and the right time, I mean I post the order from service order and the system creates service invoice line, in the service invoice lines I only post it. I shouldn’t use get shipment lines if not needed. I think this topic is solved now. I am glad for the answers you’ve given and also from others. tks guys.

Rgds,

Mark