Get selected records in a Grid with Query data source

Hi All,

I am stuck with an issue related to query-based form data source and need your help for it.

I am displaying Tables joined together in a query via grid on form and have provided a button on the form.

When user selects some records in the gird and presses the button, I want to open another form and display the selected records for further processing.

I want to understand, how to get the list of selected records.

I’ve tried FormDataSource.RecordsMarked() method, but, its returning zero elements in the array.

Can someone help me with this?

Best Regards,

Michael Brown

hi michael,

I am having the same issue which you are facing. I am also not able to get the marked records from one grid into another gird . If you get solution pls let me know. I am trying hard but not able to get the records into anohter grid. I am getting the recid of records marked but then how can i get values into another gird that i am not able to get it.

Using RecordMarked() will only give you how many records you have marked in grid but you cant get which records you have marked i mean to say you can not get recordid which you have marked…so let me know if you get any solution.

Thanks

Himanshu

I am stuck with an issue related to query-based form data source and need your help for it.

I am displaying Tables joined together in a query via grid on form and have provided a button on the form.

When user selects some records in the gird and presses the button, I want to open another form and display the selected records for further processing.

I want to understand, how to get the list of selected records.

I’ve tried FormDataSource.RecordsMarked() method, but, its returning zero elements in the array.

Can someone help me with this?

Best Regards,

Michael Brown

Hi Michael Brown,

refer the below link,

http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/53903.aspx

Thanks,

Valeru.

Hi Valeru,

Thanks for the reply.

What I am trying to achieve is slightly different.

Lets say, there are two tables: TableA and TableB with a relation of 1:n.

I have a form named myForm with a query as its datasource and primary table being TableA.

Now, how do I access the values of fields in TableB corresponding to selected records.

Best Regards,

Michael Brown