Gen. Posting Setup

hi. I want to know why we need to map Purch. Pmt Disc Debit Account & Purch. Pmt Disc Credit Account in General Posting Setup? Further when these accounts would get affected? Regards, Bhushan

This is fairly easy to understand. You need these two accounts (or you can map these fields to one account as well) for posting income and expenses on vendor related payment discounts. When you pay an invoice to your vendor and deduct a payment discount this is getting posted into one of these accounts. Also when you “pay” a credit note with “payment discount” this is getting posted.

Dear Thomas, Thnx for your reply. However as you have mentioned the problem i’m facing is - I booked a Purchase Invoice & then I am making payment to Vendor. At the time of payment to a vendor I am getting a payment dicount which gets posted to “Payment Discount Credit Accounr” (Purchases & Payables Setup). Then why we require Purch. Pmt Disc Credit Account in General Posting Setup? Waiting for your reply. Bye…

There is no such account in P&P setup at all in Standard Navision. Maybe this is a localization for India or a customization. Anyway, the account mentioned in the General Posting Setup is quite new. So the field in P&P setup might be obsolete (and so is the code behind) and should not be used anymore.

Maybe you can identify the field in question and post table No. and field No. in here.

Dear Thomas, For your reference - Table ID 93 Field No 8 & 16.

Dear Thomas, For your reference - Table ID 93 Field No 8 & 16.

quote:

However as you have mentioned the problem i’m facing is - I booked a Purchase Invoice & then I am making payment to Vendor. At the time of payment to a vendor I am getting a payment dicount which gets posted to “Payment Discount Credit Accounr” (Purchases & Payables Setup). Then why we require Purch. Pmt Disc Credit Account in General Posting Setup?

You are required to set it up in the posting set-up to post payment discount. As it is in the set-up it allows you to split the capturing of payment discount into separate GL accounts. It is similar to the other accounts in the set-up, wehen the correct combinaiton and process is performed the GL accounts hit are those specified in the setup.