G/L Chart of Accounts importing

Hello, everyone, I am new to Axapta and I am going through my very first company setup. I would like to import a Chart of Accounts instead of manually entering it. The accounts came from another system (ACCPAC) and they are in an Excel spreadsheet format. I was able to create an empty Excel template (Administration > Periodic > Data export/import > Excel spreadsheet). I was hoping to be able to generate some sample data by exporting a COA first from the sample company. No luck so far. My problem now is that I have an empty Excel template and no idea how to fill it. I am not sure what values and formats Axapta will recognize and I have no point of reference or document to help. I would appreciate any suggestions. Serioga

Hi Serioga, Wellcome to Axapta world [:)] Hope you would have managed to import CoA by now. If not, using Excel import is straight forward one. You have mentioned that you have already created the template. So just fill up the fields mentioned in the template and then go to Administration → Periodic → Data export/import. You can import the data from here. Importing data through jobs (written using X++) is also easy. If you are interested, do please let me know. I can send few import jobs. Good luck, Harish Mohanbabu

quote:

Originally posted by Harish
Hi Serioga, Wellcome to Axapta world [:)] Hope you would have managed to import CoA by now. If not, using Excel import is straight forward one. You have mentioned that you have already created the template. So just fill up the fields mentioned in the template and then go to Administration → Periodic → Data export/import. You can import the data from here. Importing data through jobs (written using X++) is also easy. If you are interested, do please let me know. I can send few import jobs. Good luck, Harish Mohanbabu

Harish, can you send me a few? I’d greatly appriciate it!!! my email is vmichnik@comast.net

Hi, I am also a new Axapta user and have also the same questions. Maby will you send some sample X++ job for import to me My E_mail adress is henk.wassink@kuiperconsult.nl Regards, Henk Kuiper