G/L Accounts - 3 fields

Hi ,

In G/L Accounts we have 3 fields .

1. Net Change
  2. Balance at date
  3. Balance.

I gone through the help, Still i am not clear about this fields.

Could any expert explain this with a suitable example.

Thanks and regards

All three fields will be calculated on the G/L Entry table for an account. The difference is how the “Date Filter” is being applied:

“Net Change” shows the total amount of all entries between the starting and the ending date in the date filter you apply (ie. 01.01.08…31.12.08).
“Balance at Date” shows the total amount of all entries up to the ending date in the date filter you apply. (ie. 00.00.0000…31.12.08)
“Balance” is not affected by the date filter and shows the total amount of all entries for this account.

Thanks,

Still I am not clear.

Let’s say we started Navision 01/01/01 till today we are running

Let’s say I have Account no : 1020 this account balance is 10000 $ on 01/04/09

So please consider this example and explain about difference.

Please help me

OK, what was your balance at the 31/12/08 and what was your balance at the 31/12/07 ?

Net Change Field

The G/L Account Table

This field displays the net change in the account balance during the time period in the Date Filter field.

The program automatically calculates and updates the contents of the field using the entries in the Amount field in the G/L Entry table.

You can filter the Net Change field so that its contents are based only on certain Global Dimension 1 values, Global Dimension 2 values and/or business units.

To see the G/L entries that make up the net change, click the AssistButton in the field.

Balance at Date Field

The G/L Account Table

This field displays the G/L account balance on the last date included in the Date Filter field. If the filter field contains more than one date (for example, an interval), only the last one has any effect on the contents of this field.

The program automatically calculates and updates the contents of the field using the entries in the Amount field in the G/L Entry table.

You can filter the Balance at Date field so that its contents are based only on certain Global Dimension 1 values, Global Dimension 2 values and/or business units.

To see the G/L entries that make up the balance, click the AssistButton in the field.

Balance Field

The G/L Account Table

This field displays the balance on this account.

The program automatically calculates and updates the contents of the field using the Amount field in the G/L Entry table.

You can filter the Balance field so that its contents are based only on certain Global Dimension 1 values, Global Dimension 2 values and/or business units.

To see the G/L entries that make up the balance, click the AssistButton in the field.

Try this:
*Press Shift+F7 (Flow-filter)
*Write something into Date Filter
*Write something into Department Filter (or whatever the second line’s caption is)
*Press OK

Now - in the Chart of Accounts - focus on field “Net Change”. Press Lookup (F6) and then Ctrl+F7; now you see which filters have been applied. Do the same with fields “Balance at Date” and “Balance”…

Actually NAV is wrong (and so are many others as well): year 0 has never existed! Our calendar starts on January 1st 0001!! So - before you ask - Jesus was not born in year 0 but in year 1. [:)]

NAV assume year 0 for before Jesus’s birth.

here is no bug - only undocumented features