FRx Report

Hi All,

I am trying to use FRx report for ax2009. I got stuck with one point that, we need to install odbc driver and in the FRx server itself we need to fefine the datasource. I am using SQL 2005, and how to get ODBC driver for FRx Server? Please help friends…

Hi Kevi,

did you get the solution?.. can you tell me how to setup the FRX Dimension Wizard…

thanks,

Valeru.

Hi,

I forgot really… I configured that a long time before. Now i am not using this Frx … Sorry [:(]

thank you for your reply.

Hi,

I will try to recollect. If i get, i will definitely update you in this post .[:)]

Thanks Kevin,

atleast give me some basic steps Kevin, because this is the first time am doing, need some help.

i have installed the FRX in standalone PC and trying to setup the Dimensions wizard, but not able to connect to the database.

Thanks,

Valeru.

Hi,

I hope this will help you

Installing Management Reporter 2.0 Installing Management Reporter 2.0 Installing Management Reporter 2.0 Installing Management Reporter 2.0Installing Management Reporter 2.0Installing Management Reporter 2.0 Installing Management Reporter 2.0 Installing Management Reporter 2.0 Installing Management Reporter 2.0 Installing Management Reporter 2.0Installing Management Reporter 2.0Installing Management Reporter 2.0Installing Management Reporter 2.0 Installing Management Reporter 2.0 Installing Management Reporter 2.0 Installing Management Reporter 2.0Installing Management Reporter 2.0

Before installing Microsoft Management Reporter Service Pack 2, you must have Service Pack 1 installed. If you have Management Reporter 2.0 with Service Pack 1 (version 2.0.1663.3) or Feature Pack 1 (version 2.0.1664.19) installed, continue to the Service Pack 2 upgrade procedures.

We recommend the following installation order:

1. Configure Windows Server®.

2. Install Management Reporter Service Pack 1 server components.

3. Install the data provider for your Microsoft Dynamics ERP system.

4. Install Management Reporter Service Pack 1 client components.

5. Upgrade to Management Reporter Service Pack 2.

6. Register Management Reporter.

Note: We recommend that you review the Management Reporter Service Pack 2 Readme file included in the installation package before you begin the installation process.

Configure Windows Server

Windows Server® must be configured to allow Management Reporter to utilize Internet Information Services® (IIS).

Configure Windows Server 2003

1. On the computer where the Management Reporter application service will be installed, open the Windows Manage Your Server wizard. (Click Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Manage Your Server.)

2. Click Add or remove a role.

3. Click Next.

4. On the Server Role page, select the Application server (IIS, ASP.NET) role and click Next.

5. On the Application Server Options page, click Next.

6. Review your selections. If the selections are correct, click Next.

7. When the role is successfully configured, the following message is displayed: “This server is now an application server.” Click Finish to exit the wizard.

Configure Windows Server 2008

1. On the computer where the Management Reporter application service will be installed, open the Windows Server Manager. (Click Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Server Manager.)

2. Click Feature > Add Features to open the Add Features Wizard.

3. Expand the .NET Framework 3.0 Features (Installed) node. This node includes .NET Framework 3.5 features.

4. Expand the WCF Activation node and select the HTTP Activation check box.

5. Click Add Required Role Services.

6. In the Add Features wizard, click Next.

7. On the Web Server (IIS) page, click Next.

8. On the Select Role Services page, select the following features:

 Under the Common HTTP Features node, select Default Document.

 Under the Application Development node, select ASP.NET, .NET Extensibility, ISAPI Extensions, and ISAPI Filters.

 Under the Security node, select Request Filtering.

 Under the Management Tools node, select IIS Management Console.

1. After the features are selected, click Next.

2. Review your selections. If the selections are correct, click Install. To change options, click Back.

3. When the installation is complete, a message indicates that the features were installed successfully. Click Close to exit the wizard.

Try the IP of the Server instead of Server Name if it is asked somewhere in the configuration

Try IP of the Machine instead of the Server Name where database exists

Thank you Kevin and Lalit,

i have installed successfully, while setup the company, its asking Registration Number(which Reg num). what is that any clue.

thanks,

Valeru.