From Navision to Excel

Hi! Maybe my question is a bit strange, I don’t know. I have searched all the forum just to find information about transferring data from NF to MS Excel. There is a lot information about this topic, but I didn,t find the answer for my question: How can I get some data in Excel??? I know how to: - open an excisting Excel-file - creating a new Excel file - exporting text-files from Navision, and tell Excel to read them. Can anyone help me out??? Martin Pennings mpennings@pentis.nl Pentis Computing Netherlands

Martin, Use automation to connect NF and Excel. On the Partnerweb of Navision NL you can find samples for this (and for Word). Sure it’s there, I downloaded it not so long ago. John ook Hollander :slight_smile:

Or you can copy/paste from NF table windows to Excel - or use the ODBC-facilities.

You will find an example Accounts Schedule report I posted in the Download section at www.mynavision.net It uses the automation control to fill a Mulitipage Excel Spreadsheet. Have fun! Mr David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk

Thanks, you realy helped me out!

Take a look at Marcus Fabian excellent postings on this issue in the tools section. Best regards, Soren Nielsen, moderator Navision Online User Group Edited by - SNielsen on 2001 Mar 21 20:11:24