frieght charges account

Dear All,

When making the invoice,the system thrown error as shown below:

Account number for transaction type order,frieght does not exist.

Regards,

Nanjappa

Hi,

There must be a misc charge attached to SO/PO and in that Misc charge you haven’t defined appropriate ledger.

Pranav…

Dear Pranav,

In charges code i defined profit loss account in posting fast tab. Is it correct (Ax 2012)

Regards,

Nanjappa

Hi Nanjappa,

Account type depends on the transaction. Normally this is an expense account. You need to verify account selection either by any functional or better client.

Pranav…

Hi Nag,

Invoice. where in P/O or S/O ???

Please check the Item Group… I mean may be some where your missing to specify ledger accounts. Check in 3 tabs (S/O tab, P/O tab and Inventory tab). and same time check the Misc.Charge posting account.

I hope your issue will get resolved.

Dear Sarathy,

Where we set up the misc.charge posting account will configure.

Regards,

Nanjappa

On the misc charges setup only you define account for debit and credit.

Pranav…

Hi Nag,

Are you talking about the ledger accounts ??? If so, you need to create them in GL module. (GL> Common forms> Chart of Accounts.) you need to create Ledger accounts for AP and AR.

And if your talking about the Misc.charge posting account … we need to create them at AP and AR.

FOR AP → (AP>Setup> Misc.Charge>Misc.charge code > posting (tab))

FOR AR → (AR>Setup> Misc.Charge>Misc.charge code > posting (tab)).

Posting process will depend upon the payments made by whom? i mean who will bare the Misc.charges (Example; Your company or Customer or Vendor) and it will depend upon the agreements made by company to vendor and company to customer.

Sarathy

Hi Nag,

Are you talking about the ledger accounts ??? If so, you need to create them in GL module. (GL> Common forms> Chart of Accounts.) you need to create Ledger accounts of Misc.Charges for AP and AR. Example: Freight charges, Transport fee, Handling fee etc.

And if your talking about the Misc.charge posting account … we need to create them at AP and AR. You need to assign the posting accounts (Ledger accounts) which you have created for AP and AR above.

IN AP → (AP>Setup> Misc.Charge>Misc.charge code > posting (tab))

IN AR → (AR>Setup> Misc.Charge>Misc.charge code > posting (tab)).

Posting process will depend upon the payments made by whom? i mean who will bare the Misc.charges (Example; Your company or Customer or Vendor) and it will depend upon the agreements made by company to vendor and company to customer.

Sarathy