Forgot Password -- Super User

Dear frieds, I forgot the Password of the Super User of server Database.What can i do ? I have gone thru the essentials PDF according to that it is giving a code.I don’t know what to do with that code.(When i enter 20 question marks(’?’) in the user id field i am getting the code in a code window) Regards, rajasekhar venumala

Hi You should phone Navision and then they can give you a password back from that code. Important tough is that you don’t close down Navision while your waiting for the password. Regards Daniel

& Raja , Remember, As far as i know this password is usable only once if i am not forgetting. Using that, U immediately have to change your password. Forward that to navision India.ZThey will be able to give a password.They i feel are going to hv first such a case in India. DD

Hi! You also could restore a Backup, creating a new Database. When the restore is complete, you are logged on as super-user, so you could change the password. regards, Jörg

Maybe you can try that : 1/ Log on as a Normal user (that’s not Super) 2/ Import a Fob Which does that on the User Table : UserTable.GET(‘YOURSUPERID’); UserTable;Password := ‘’; UserTable.MODIFY; (Set The read/write permission on this codeunit for the User Table, just in case) And there you should be able to log in as SUPERUSERID and no password since it has been blanked by the codeunit you have runned

Tarek, I really hope that a normal user does not have permission to import FOBs - if she had, you would just have published the ultimate Navision hacking program [:0][:D]

I have a programme which can pass password and login to system by super user.

What do you exactly mean by that ? I cannot see a reason for passing a (CRYPTED) password since the problem here is that the User has forgotten what was the password. But maybe you develop on your solution a little more …

quote:

Originally posted by hf
I have a programme which can pass password and login to system by super user.

quote:

Originally posted by Tarek Demiati
What do you exactly mean by that ? I cannot see a reason for passing a (CRYPTED) password since the problem here is that the User has forgotten what was the password. But maybe you develop on your solution a little more …

What he’s probably meaning is having the “modified” financials executable that gives you the code to input in a database where you forgot the super user password by just entering the question marks. On that program, when you enter the question marks instead of showing you the code for calling you NSC it’s requesting you that code, and after input it it’s displaying you the authorization code you need to use as password on that database. Regards,

My meaning that “modified” finanicals executable which will skip any password request and directly go into Navision main menu.

hf what do you want to tell us with your posting ? Do you want to sell your hacked fin.exe ? Or do you want to spread it for free ? Or do you simply want to tell us, that you are a cool hacker ? Until now your posts seem not to be much help in this topic… BTW - there already has been a guy that sold a hacked exe. Nothing new about it. So what ?

Not any kind words to hf, but anyways back to the problem, there is also a fee to the one time password from navision if I remember well. All the best! [:D] Robert

BTW, it is possible to have a user in the systen who can import .fobs, but is not a super user. But that requires that need to have arisen before and taken care of that way by specifically creating a role in which system permissions are set. Of course this is rare requirement, but in that case I guess Tarek’s code works!!! And that can be really dangerous![:0] Robert ==============

Seeing is believing, Tarek it cannot work. [8D] You will definitely get the error: “You cannot change the user ID , because the user has permissions you do not have” Navision ensures that a none super user cannot modify records of a super user, and I think this is done from the DB design rather than user permission settings. Robert (Again [:D]