For whom the bell tolls... or: Database Used (KB)

One of our customers’ database had grown to 97% without anyone noticing. Now, I haven’t found out (and don’t really want to either) what happens when this reaches 100%. Does anyone know of a tool which will warn an administrator if a database’s size has grown over a certain size or percentage? Is there a way that I can access the “Database Used (KB)” field under File-Database-Information? Thanks

Put the following code in the OnOpenForm trigger and display the PercentageUsed variable. “Database File”.FIND(’-’); REPEAT TotalDatabaseSize += “Database File”.“Size (KB)” UNTIL “Database File”.Next = 0; “Table Information”.FIND(’-’); REPEAT TotalTableSize += “Table Information”.“Size (KB)”; UNTIL “Table Information”.next = 0; PercentageUsed := 100 * TotalTableSize/TotalDatabaseSize;

Just a Note: SQL expands by itself with no user interaction,so it will read high % used all the time. David Cox MindSource (UK) Limited Navision Solutions Partner Email: david@mindsource.co.uk Web: www.mindsource.co.uk Edited by - David Cox on 2001 Jul 17 23:11:57

Hi Michael! One thing is missing: The size of the objects! So one has to add the Object-BLOB-Size (/1024, Table 2000000001) to “TotalTableSize”. Regards, Joerg Joerg A. Stryk Apollo-Optik, IT/ERP

Hi, There was a thread discussing this issue quite a while ago. Try searching in the archives. Alex

To my (not so mild) embarrassment I found this topic afterwards. Still thanks for all your replies. Andre