Flushing method

First of all I appologize if this is in the wrong section. I wasn’t really sure where to ask this question. For starters the company I work for uses the MicroSoft Navision NAV 2009 R2 (and I think we use the sequal server too).

My question is this:

For those who use this same program, anyone experimented with the flushing methods? We currently are using forward flushing. The President of the company want’s to try and start using backward flushing. My concern is with us never using it, besides what NAV’s Help function tells me, I don’t know what to expect! So I’d like to know a few point of views of the different methods, and how well they work for other users.

Thanks in advance for any help!

First, you should get access to CustomerSource. Assuming your company is paid up on its maintenance plan with Microsoft you can get the documentation on Manufacturing for NAV here. If you don’t know how to access CustomerSource contact your NAV partner.

You then need to either get access to or have someone create a test database for you. That way you can experiment with the different types of flushing methods. This really holds true for whatever you are thinking of changing or want to experiment with.

With these two things, and possibly additional help from your NAV partner, you can determine the best method to use for your business.