Fixed Asset depreciation change

Hi,

How to change Depreciation percentage from one percentage to another percentage after run the depreciation

EX: ‘A’ Asset has acquired and run & posted depreciation for one year with 10.34 percentage, now if we want to use another value module with new depreciation percentage 6.12 for existing asset, how to setup the same.

with regards

siddu

please anybody can give solution…

Hi Siddu,

Yes we can do,

Here are the steps you need to follow:-

1- Go to the Fixed Asset master form select the Asset and then click on Value Model. Highlight the status field and change it to Closed. This will stop all the transaction getting posted.

2- Create a new Value Model and assign the same to the fixed Asset.

3- Now the copy the net book value of the Asset which was run using the first value model.

4- Post an Acquisition journal with the same net book amount.

5- To check the transaction against the Asset use Fixed Asset History report which shows all the transaction that were done till now.

if you find the post helpful, please verify solution

Yes, Value Model can be changed in AX by adopting following approach.

Reverse the Depreciation followed by Acquisition posted with Old Value Model.

Now attach new Value Model to Asset and post Acquisition and Depreciation.

Just FYI: Only status change to Closed will not reverse the Acquisition and Depreciation entries. These needs to be posted manually.

Thanks, Sachin

Yes.

Hi Ashwin & sachin,

i found following solution if its correct or not pls suggest me

1 step: select new depreciation profile by changing old depreciation profile in value module

2 step: new depreciation profile display with old value module in fixed asset master

3 step: run the depreciation as per new depreciation profile then post it

4 step: again change the new depreciation profile then in value module form

because this change for only for few assets only

with regards

siddu

Hi sachin,

to reverse the acquition and depreciation transactions, already depreciation posted from 3 years and financial year closed

so please suggest any another solution

with regards

siddu

Hi sachin,

one more information regarding above request

what ever used value module and depreciation profile is correct, hence want to be change depreciation because rate of depreciation has changed

so i need to calculate depreciation as per new percentage.

with regards

siddu

HI Siddu,

Is it a must for you to reverse the transactions that you have posted ???

Hi Ashwin

thanks for replay…

i no need to reverse the transactions which already posted with old value model

now i need to calculate the depreciation with new depreciation profile for existing assets…

with regards

siddu

Hi Siddhu,

As suggested, you can just follow these give below steps

1- Go to the Fixed Asset master form select the Asset and then click on Value Model. Highlight the status field and change it to Closed. This will stop all the transaction getting posted.

2- Create a new Value Model and assign the same to the fixed Asset.

3- Now the copy the net book value of the Asset which was run using the first value model.

4- Post an Acquisition journal with the same net book amount.

5- To check the transaction against the Asset use Fixed Asset History report which shows all the transaction that were done till now.

this is a simple process, instead of you changing the dep profile…

if you find the post helpful, please verify solution

Hi Ashwin,

Can you please help me to understand following small queries,

1. What will be the offset account when posting a new acquisition Journal?

2. How the Old Acquisition be revresed, if we don’t reverse then it will affect Fixed Asset Values.

Thanks,

Sachin

Do you want to post depreciation difference for previous years? If yes then it can be done in current year as well

Hi Sachin,

offset would be bank/cash

old Acquisition can be done by taking the net book value of the asset and sale it with the same cost (here there will not be any effect as the amount will be same)

Using the same net book value new acquisition can be done.

Generally for these type of Adjustments Cash and Bank Accounts are not involved so it is nota recommended process. it can become a Audit issue.

This is not a good practice to post Acquisition at Net Book Value, in this case you will not have the history maintained in AX.