Fixed Asset - Change Fixed asset group

Hello,

We have a Fixed Asset that run depreciation for 1 year.

Now we want to change the Fixed Asset group AND also want to change the depreciate ledger account for the past 1 year transaction.

I try the function “Change Fixed asset group” - but that function do not updated the Ledger account for past 1 year transactions.

Do you have any method to handle this?

Hi Kenl,

System will not update any posted transaction in that case. It will update the future transactions based on new group.

For the older transactions, you need to pass manual entry for the adjustment.

Pranav…

Hello,

Thanks for replying.

After I change the fixed asset group, I can manually make adjustment in GL.

But in the future, when I dispose/scrap the fixed asset, does AX just read the current posting profile to find the ledger account to create GL entry? (The old transaction does not affect)?

Hello,

Thanks for replying.

After I change the fixed asset group, I can manually make adjustment in GL.

But in the future, when I dispose/scrap the fixed asset, does AX just read the current posting profile to find the ledger account to create GL entry? (The old transaction does not affect)?

Hi Kenl,

System should ideally do that, i am not 100% sure as i have not done this transaction.

I will suggest you to the transaction (Sell/Scrap) it on a test environment before posting in Live server.

Pranav…

Hi Kenl

I read your Post, we are trying to do same thing, change the fixed assets group, and did change the group, when we try to do Depr proposal nad getting error message that Transaction type for this asset for this value Model does not exist when we Change the assets group, some how Value model group is not changing , its still staying the same old group, that’s causing this erroe message,

can you please guide me what other setting I am missing , I need to add, I really appreciate any help

Account for transaction type Depreciation, value model Test Equip, does not exist for fixed asset 00000028_142.
osal we are getting message that

thanks