Fix Mistake with Item Ledger?

Dear NAV Gurus:

My customer created a PO with the wrong quantity and then the warehouse posted a warehouse receipt with that wrong quantity received. Then, a warehouse shipment and sales invoice was posted for some of the items on that item ledger entry.

Now, the customer cannot undo the shipment because a sales invoice was posted. They also cannot undo the purchase receipt because of the sales shipment posted.

I suggested that the do a negative adjustment at zero unit cost, but it did not work the way I wanted as the system adjusted the cost of the negative adjustment.

Any ideas on how to get the item ledger back to what it should be?

Thanks in advance,

Ted

I suggested that the do a negative adjustment at zero unit cost, but it did not work the way I wanted as the system adjusted the cost of the negative adjustment.

aliii

(Now, almost 3 weeks later) You can do like this (in NAV 2009):

1. Make a positive adjustment that covers the quantity yoou need to put back into the receipt.
  2. Open “Application Worksheet” (e.g. via Financials Mgt - > Inventory → Costing).
  3. Filter to the relevant item.
  4. Focus on the sale, press View → Applied Entries; select the line with received qty, press “Remove Application”; close window.
  5. (now the received entry is re-opened, as well as your sale)
  6. (Still focused on the sale) Press View → “Select Additional Entries…”; focus on the positive adjustment from #1, press OK.
  7. Press Functions → Reapply
  8. Press OK the exit the Application Worksheet

That’s pretty much it. Now you are ready to Undo the Receipt.
Off course - if other sales have applied that receipt, you have to make some more effort…

Also almost a month later. I tried to follow your instructions, but the problem is that a sales invoice has already been posted against the sales shipment. For that reason, if I try to Undo Shipment, I get an error saying, “This shipment has already been invoiced. Undo shipment can only be applied to posted but not invoiced shipments.”

What I ended up doing is posting invoice for remaining 60 units and then creating a negative adjustment for 60 units. Then A/P is overstated so I suggested creating a G/L journal to correct the A/P balance. Then when they receive final 60 units they can create another PO.

You can use Purchase Return Order/Credit Memo functionality, which will reverse the excess quantity and debit the supplier and correct all the other G/L Entry for purchase and Inventory etc. This is what I use when I am not able to undo Purchase Receipts.

Dear Anfinnur,

You said, “if other sales have applied that receipt, you have to make some more effort…” What other effort is needed if you could be so kind?

(Customer has had a problem similar to this again but this time they posted with wrong currency).

Best regards,
Ted