First enabled data source in union query cannot have disabled field

Hello All:

We are on AX 2012 R3

I am getting following 2 compilation errors:

The first enabled data source(ProjForecastEmplView_1) in union query cannot have disabled field(Qty). \Queries\ProjForecastUnion\Data Sources\ProjForecastEmplView_1(ProjForecastEmplView)

The first enabled data source(RetailTransactionTable_1) in union query cannot have disabled field(transactionId). \Queries\RetailOrderHistoryViewQuery\Data Sources\RetailTransactionTable_1(RetailTransactionTable)

Thanks in advance

If the field is disabled, it could mean that the related configuration key is not enabled.
Check if the related configuration keys are enabled. You may have to check it either on field level in table or EDT level.
Example - RetailTransactionId (this is EDT for transctionId) has config key RetailHeadquarters.

Hello Kranthi,

I did enable Retail Headquarters in the licence configuration

After that the system did a database sync

After that when I click licence configuration, I get this

and all the other modules have vanished

Can anyone please explain me what is happening here? and what is workaround?

Thanks,

Shankar :slight_smile:

Enabling the config key shouldn’t have that impact. Try by re synchronizing the data dictionary and AOS restart.
If it is still not fixed, try by reloading the license file and doing a Sync.
There is a bug on LCS related to the below error, that is closed as By design. Please search in LCS with error and see the remarks.
The first enabled data source(RetailTransactionTable_1) in union query cannot have disabled field(transactionId).

Hello Kranthi,

Thanks for your reply. This is the explanation which Microsoft has mentioned in LCS.

but what about the second error I am getting, The first enabled data source(ProjForecastEmplView_1) in union query cannot have disabled field(Qty). \Queries\ProjForecastUnion\Data Sources\ProjForecastEmplView_1(ProjForecastEmplView)

Any workaround for this error.

What I have found so far is Project I configuration needs to be enabled (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa557432.aspx)

It would be same, you need to have the relevant configuration enabled.