Finding Difficuties to rendor grid control in visual studio at design view

I have one user control which contains axdatasource and axgridview ;

in axgridview there are more than 20 fields to be shown so i have used showexpansion properties of gridview ;

but after setting property showexpansion=true on gridview the control dont rendor and giving following error on grid contol

"There was an error rendering the control the child pararameter value cant be null something like that "

but when i set properties show expansion= false then control render perfactly;

waiting for reply any one can suggest there view as i have to show more than 20 fields in each row say 8 fields to be shown

Hi Amit,

Along with show expansion property you should also use GridColumnIndexesHidden and ExpansionColumnIndexesHidden properties which contains the field positions

eg:

ShowExpansion=“true”, GridColumnIndexesHidden=“9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20” ,

ExpansionColumnIndexesHidden=“1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8”

using this you can show the first 8 fields and other 12 fields will be hidden and can be seen when grid is expanded

Regards,

Kiran

Hi Amit,

Along with show expansion property you should also use GridColumnIndexesHidden and ExpansionColumnIndexesHidden properties which contains the field positions

eg:

ShowExpansion=“true”, GridColumnIndexesHidden=“9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20” ,

using this you can show the first 8 fields and other 12 fields will be hidden and can be seen when grid is expanded

Regards,

Kiran

that i have already done

same properties were set ;

but still not working any ways thanks for reply;

i have done it on runtime