Financials C/AL and the ADO OCX control

Original Message: Did anyone use the OCX control ‘Microsoft ADO Data Control, version 6.0 (OLEDB)’ yet? It looks as if not all methods and properties are available in C/AL !!! Updated on Dec 7: Thanks for the answers so far, I’m now using the Automation Objects ‘Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library’.Connection and ‘Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library’.Recordset, and that works much better! But I still will be happy about all tips/samples that are sent in! Edited by - Jochen on 12/7/00 10:23:35 AM

Hi Jochen I have tried to use that OCX, but I gave up due to having too much trouble. I tried the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library instead, and it just works fine. I have tried to import data into Navision from the following ODBC data sources: DB2, Navision, Access. And they work just fine. If you would like some sample code, I could send you one on accessing a DB2 ODBC data source. Regards Andreas L.

Hi Andreas: If you wouldn’t mind, I’d be very interested in seeing this code too. Thanks! Jim

The ADO DataControl was designed for use with other environments than C/AL and is therefore not suitable as control in Navision. Use the more versatile Data Objects Library instead. John