Fin.HMT file in use

Has anyone seen this error message, where clients get message of “fin.hmt file is in use”, and the only way out is to reboot the server. This particular case : NF 2.01 with Citrix clients. I am familiar with other errors with this file associated with server/client differences in timezone settings, etc. but not seen an “in use” error before.

Given the similarities between the products, I assume that the following will apply to Citrix as much as it does to Terminal Server. Check for any disconnected Citrix sessions (i.e. sessions that are still running on the Citrix server, but are currently not connected to a Citrix client). The fin.hmt will remain locked until the last session is terminated. You may want to restart the Citrix server to kill any “orphaned” sessions. This should remove the lock on fin.hmt, and allow new sessions to update this file. Fin.hmt needs to be modified twice a year, when, as a result of Daylight Saving Time, your system time settings change. It contains (among other things?) the timestamps for your on-line help files. Kind regards, Jan Hoek Weha Automatisering BV Woerden - The Netherlands Edited by - jhoek on 2002 Apr 03 16:24:00