Fin.exe

My client is using window XP professional, some of the users encountered such problem that an error message prompt out " fin exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience", then the program will be closed. Sometimes can be very frequent. I have tried to reinstall the client but it doesn’t work. How should I solve this?

It may be a problem with right or permission on the station for the user. Use the user and group manager on the WKS and add the “domain/user group” to the group call “User with power”. I don’t know the name of the group in english.

quote:

" fin exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience"

I guess you have Navision Attain 3.10 or 3.60 version installed on m/c. Is the error occuring when performing any specific activity? Check may be a bug?(Reported to Navision). [;)]Are you sure, they have added those comments “…sorrry…inconvenience”. Has Navision become so sensitive. Regards[8D]

Yes, the version is 3.1A. And before that I have seeked the advice from Navision, where they ask me try to reinstall the client, but there isn’t any improvement.

Hi, Try use newer client 3.01b,3.10,3.10a,3.60. There were bugfixes in fin.exe and in dll. But offcourse i can get the same error use 3.10a version but from debugger, not from normal navision work[B)].