Fin.exe not responding...

We have a 3rd party production manager add-on which works fine. We added a “Production Worksheet” to work with items prior to actually creating a production order. The worksheet is tranferred to become production orders in a batch. Here is the problem part…if there are more than 103 (always this number) records in the batch, Navision is toast. Just the client. 103 records or less and no problems… Anyone ever see a situation where Navision locks up during a batch routine? If so or even if not, what could be causing it? We have tried COMMITs, INITs, etc. until blue in the face and we cannot isolate it. We think that when its writing the production order and then writing to the tables the production order writes to something is not freeing up system resources as it should. Odd one…

Hi, just an idea, though the error message should be different in that case… but you might look throught the variables and check if there is an array variable in use with 103 dimensions, and asigning more than these 103 records make fin.exe crash… as far as i remember there was once a related issue in manufacturing due to a dimension restriction of 99. Hope this is of any use. Saludos Nils

Hi I recall a previous topic like this. The solution was to be found in codeunit 5895, there is an arbitraty limit of 100 set for the number of recursions. If this level is exceeded the code just loops.[:(] Regards David

nilsm: Cannot find variable with array in any of the routines… dwest: We do not have Codeunit 5895. Possibly manufacturing? We have an add-on that ties into standard Navision BOM. Is there a property setting somewhere I can look at that sets the number of recursions? Or are you refering to a code loop limit - if so I have found none. Thanks for the input guys…

Maybe you should try to debug it. The quick way to do it is to count the records and to put the condition that when the batch job gets the record no. 104 you will execute codeunit where you will only have one line (e.g. l := 1). First you have to Toggle Breakpoint on this line. Then you execute the batch and it will stop on the proper record. Then you can go into and look where does it break. It should help to analyze it.