Filter

How can I filter on a flow field (i.e. qty. on hand in inventory)for decimal points. As an example I want to see all items that have a qty. on hand with a decimal point. This could be a quantity of 15.001 or 2.05 or .0018. Therefore I need some sort of wild card to use. Appreciate any help.

I do not think it’s possible in Navision to do that. If I just wanted to know which items have fractions I would use Crystal Reports (if you have a report writer?). Or show the item#, Description and Qty on hand field in the item list and copy & paste it in a word table & then find the decimal points. the crystal report would be something like create a new qty on hand field that’s rounded to the whole number. subtract the real QOH minus the rounded field. select items where this field is not equal to zero. (I guess you could use excel too)

If you have report designer and a spare report. Just Create a report with the wizard adding the fields required. In Design mode as an end user I think you can write limited code. So we can just round the value to a whole number and compare I think qty. on hand is a field named Inventory If so in the OnAfterGetRecord section for the Item add this code // Only Show records with decimals CALCFIELDS(Inventory); IF ROUND(Inventory,1) = Inventory THEN CURRREPORT.SKIP; If the field is called “Qty. on Hand” then If so in the OnAfterGetRecord section for the Item add this code // Only Show records with decimals CALCFIELDS(“Qty. on Hand”); IF ROUND(“Qty. on Hand”,1) = “Qty. on Hand” THEN CURRREPORT.SKIP; Your lesson in report design ends here!

you can use with a report as explained by Mr David and then use the number of deicmal places to view on a request form and take the return value from the rounding a number, then find the difference with the original values and if u find differece then print them in the report