File Dialog

Hello folks, I have following Problem. In the Form a user can put the File Path of a file in a tabel field. Now how can i slove this problem. I want that the User can only choose files from one diractory. (e.g:: \111.111.111.111\files) ------------------ Best regards Alejandro Schubert CYCOS AG System Engineer www.cycos.com www.dolphinct.de EMail: Alejandro.Schubert@cycos.com

Go to http://www.mynavision.net downloads section Business Applications Programmer Sertified Navision Developer SIA “Sintegra” Latvia

Try using the File virtual table, (declare a variable of type record and Subtype File) Here’s a snippet of code which should give you a feel on how to use it : FILTERGROUP(2); SETRANGE(Path, YourPathField); SETRANGE(IsaFile, FALSE); // Filter on Folders only (no file!) SETFILTER(Name, ‘<>%1&<>%2’, ‘.’, ‘…’); IF NOT FIND(’-’) THEN ERROR(’%1 is not a valid path’, YourPathField); FILTERGROUP(0); I hope I’ve not misunderstood what you’re trying to achieve. tarek_demiati@ureach.com

Many thanks, Now a have one problem more. I want to start a doc, dot, xls file from Navision. Can i solve this without automation controll? ------------------ Best regards Alejandro Schubert CYCOS AG System Engineer www.cycos.com www.dolphinct.de EMail: Alejandro.Schubert@cycos.com

You can use HYPERLINK(Document.doc) to open any document.

Sorry, but i think that doesn’t word ? If i want to open a Word Document abc.doc, the Internet explore will open and can’t display the document. ------------------ Best regards Alejandro Schubert CYCOS AG System Engineer www.cycos.com www.dolphinct.de EMail: Alejandro.Schubert@cycos.com

In this case you have a wrong file assignment for the extension “.DOC”. the HYPERLINK command does the same as starting a file with double-click in the explorer. Simply make sure that WinWord is your default program for managing .doc files. ------- With best regards from Switzerland Marcus Fabian

Okay, But if i have a file on the server, like: \194.77.xx.xx\safe\test.doc only the windows explore will open :frowning: If i use c:\text.dot it works !!! But i need the first case… ------------------ Best regards Alejandro Schubert CYCOS AG System Engineer www.cycos.com www.dolphinct.de EMail: Alejandro.Schubert@cycos.com Edited by - Alex on 2001 Jun 19 11:41:51

Dear, Alejandro Schubert You have to map network drive for adress “\194.77.xx.xx” as “N” then try “N:\safe\test.doc” With regards, Maris

Oh, thanks. I hoped to get a work arroound :frowning: for this problem to map a drive letter. But thanks a lot. ------------------ Best regards Alejandro Schubert CYCOS AG System Engineer www.cycos.com www.dolphinct.de EMail: Alejandro.Schubert@cycos.com