Fields got greyed out in the accounts payable screens after granting access to the SSRS reports in AX2012 R2 version

Hi,

I created a couple of SSRS reports by using AX queries and designed layout in the Visual Studio, added to AOT & granted access to users. Report is working fine but when user trying to do invoices using vendor invoice lines screen amount field got greyed out(users not able to edit or enter amount field). I am not sure is there any specific security role do i need to assign to access reports(i assigned DynamicsAXBrowser role to all users). I created seperate entry point for each single menu item and selected ‘Delete’ Access Level. Earlier it is working fine, not sure if any step i am missing.

Appreciate you help!

Thanks,

Maru

If your problem is that you can’t edit a field in a form, please let’s stop describing a report and tell us more about the problem. What exactly are you trying to do?

Hi Martin,

Its happening when i give access to the reports only. I mean field get greyed out.

Thanks,

Maru

Sorry, that didn’t help me to understand what you’re doing.

Hi Martin,

when users trying to create vendor invoices by selecting specific enter, dates and in the lines selecting procurement category, entering amount ; field gets greyed out. It is happening only when i give access to the ssrs reports which i created, because i tried after revert back access to those reports.

Thanks,

Maru

Okay, it seems that you’re creating an invoice based on a purchase order. You click the Invoice button, get to Vendor invoice form and Line net amount field is read-only? Or are you talking about something else?

If you thing that the problem is with a privilege your assigned, what is the exact content of the privilege?

yes Martin creating invoice based on purchase order then line net amount field is read only.

I created one entry point to this privilege with the menu item name and type as output to give access to the report.

Thanks.

Hi Martin,

Please let me know if need more information.

Thanks.

I’m still not sure whether you’re talking about amount on purchase order line or vendor invoice line.

I still don’t believe that grating access to a menu item can cause that. Maybe you’re changing more permissions thatn you think or it’s not related to permissions and the field is set set read-only in code. How exactly did you test it? Can it be reproduce using standard AX objects?

I am talking about amount field in vendor invoice line.

I am not sure whether it is causing due to privilege or not. I reproduced the same scenario in one of my test environment by assigning same roles to me and created vendor invoices, in the vendor invoice line form amount field gets greyed out. This is occurring only after assigning report.

I am pulling the information into the report which users doesn’t have access to those forms, Do you think will it might be the cause for this issue.

-Thanks

Hi,

This one got resolved. It is because of security issue. After assigning privilege to Accounts payable payments clerk role it worked fine. It seems looking for top level security access.

Thanks,

Maru