Few issues i am facing under production

I am facing below problems on AX2012-CTP build. Am i missing something here???

1. Unable to allocate outsourced work to multiple vendors within the same Site for a given component(sub-BOM) through Master planning.

2. Unable to convert the in-house production order to Outsourced work order (Production Type - Vendor) after creating the production order

3. Unable to select a different BOM/Route versions(Non editable) after creating the production order. I am forced to use copy functionality to replace the same

4. Unable to convert the Planned production orders to “Outsourced work orders” since “Production Type - Vendor” is no longer available in AX 2012

5. Unable to firm the derived requirements for sub-components under planned orders. so does the system limit the end user to firm all at the same time

1. Same item and same step to a different vendor?

2. What status is the order?

3. What status is the order?

4. Pretty sure you could not do this in previous versions at this point, you could only at create or through the config of the sub-con element. Do not think this has changed - and the production order type is still there in AX2012 - not sure why you think it is not.

5. Are they derived in being referenced? Makes no sense firming them if the driver is planned.

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the reply. Please find my comments below

1. Same item and same step to a different vendor? - Yes same item and same step allotted for various vendors

2. What status is the order? - Created

3. What status is the order? - Created

4. Pretty sure you could not do this in previous versions at this point, you could only at create or through the config of the sub-con element. Do not think this has changed - and the production order type is still there in AX2012 - not sure why you think it is not.

Production orders have the Production order Type but not the planned production orders

1. Are they derived in being referenced? Makes no sense firming them if the driver is planned.

All are derived, but what if the company decides to split the work to various vendors after running master scheduling and individually i can firm the orders since i want to close the sub-components

I have checked the latest AX 2012 R2 release and surprisingly i face the same issues

Not “surprising” as you do not understand the functionality [:D] R2 is just released but I would not expect it to alter functionality that has been that way for a while and no one is requesting a change.

1. Due to the referencing of the PO on the route and the inherent automation of the PO to operation you simply cannot do this as standard. However not something I have ever had to do. What you need to do in my opinion is treat the untreated item as a stocked item and the subcontracted item as a stocked item and then raise different sub-con manufacturing orders to different vendors when your need arises, the upstream elements then pull on the demand rather than creating it as per the setup.

2 and 3. is the same in 2009 and is an inherent funcitonal design. As you have just created it either delete it or copy BOM, the real issue here is more serious as you immediately know your data is wrong - if this is happening regularly this should be concerning. If you want it to do this load an enhancement request with Microsoft or discuss it with them. I believe I have modified it somewhere to do this in AX2009 but I could be mistaken.

1. So yes you could not so this previously and you cannot do it now. Again thsi will depend upon your processing and Sub-con activity but AX does not do this. If you want it to do this load an enhancement request with Microsoft or discuss it with them. Alternatively modify the system to do what you want it to do.

2. If the company is in the process of splitting and diverging then they cannot be directly referenced - you need to break teh production chain and treat as independent-dependent demand driven elements and make to the quantity not the order giving you the flexibility.