FEFO selection

Hello everybody, I was reading some posts regarding FEFO and it seems that standard AX doesn’t work with it.

I would need FEFO method for raw material to be automatically picked for production orders and FIFO for items manufactured (and selected in sales orders).

Does standard AX handle any of this two requirements? What is it required to do so?

Many thanks!

The Process elements had a FEFO flag on the stock model group, and now this is incorporated into the standard offering you would need to check if it exists in AX2012. Prior to this you needed the FullScope module, but even then the FIFO is cost based, other than this the picking is based upon the first alpha numerical record which gives you an issue depending upon the make up of the batch number. Obviously all of this has to be batch/serial controlled.

Thanks a lot Adam

Hi,

i have a related question and cannot get it to work. I created a new bulk item (recipe) with a punch of components. The components are batch controlled and FEFO is activated in their model groups.

When I start a production order and create the picking list, the batch number is NOT assigned. I have to choose the batch number manually.

thoughts?

thx!!

Hi,

i have a related question and cannot get it to work. I created a new bulk item (recipe) with a punch of components. The components are batch controlled and FEFO is activated in their model groups.

When I start a production order and create the picking list, the batch number is NOT assigned. I have to choose the batch number manually.

thoughts?

thx!!

Set the production parameter for reservation to “Start”. Ensure the stock is available in the warehouse driving the picking list journal requirement.

perfect! thx!