Favourite Monty Python scene

There are probably hundreds more worth mentioning… Feel free to post them [:D]

The Ministry of Silly Walks (Flying Circus) is another good one…

Another one of my all-time favourites is “Live organ transplants (we need your liver)” (“Meaning of Life”, which actually is great fun in its entirety).

The fight with the Black Night (?) to get over the bridge - Holy Grail - sticks in my mind… “'tis just a scratch” “but I’ve chopped your bloody arm off” “I’ve 'ad worse” or something…

Hm, and were are the options for Fawlty Tower (e.g. Basil The Rat)?

Life of Brian was my favourite! “He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy. Now pi%^ off!” I voted for the Pilate quote! [:D]

Wolfs nipples and the Judean Peoples front (splitter) scene is a good one.

What about; write it a thousand times before sunrise or I’ll chop your balls off! - something like that! [:D]

The 5 Yorkshire Men is my favorite. “We had to live 21 people in a rolled-up newspaper in a septic tank!” “Luxury!”

Lars, Yeah forgot about that one. SUPERB! [:D] I remember the line but from what film is that? [?]

There are way too many to pick just one favourite… but my top three would be ( in no particular order) 1)The crunchy frog sketch ‘Larks vomit? It don’t say anything about Larks Vomit here’ ‘Yes it does, underneath Monosodium Glutamate’ 2)The 5 Yorkshire Men sketch ‘We used to get up out o’ shoe box at 12am, half an hour before we went to bed and lick road cleann w’tongue…’ (etc) 3)The Travel agent sketch where I think it’s Micheal Palin who goes off on a 5 minute rant about the delights of package holidays… http://www.stone-dead.asn.au/tv-series/sketches/fc-31/travel-agent-mr-smoke-too-much.html [:D]

I once saw a TV programme where John Cleese said he considered Life of Brian as Monty Pythons best work. I think the Judean Peoples Front / Peoples Front of Judea speech contains the best “F**k off!!” line ever used in a film. Did anyone else spot the two cameo appearances by Spike Milligan?

I have to endorse John’s Cleese’s comments of Life of Brian being the best! [;)]

quote:

Originally posted by CMDunbar
Lars, Yeah forgot about that one. SUPERB! [:D] I remember the line but from what film is that? [?]

It’s not from a film, it’s from the 5 Yorkshire men :slight_smile:

quote:

Originally posted by justintucker
There are way too many to pick just one favourite… but my top three would be ( in no particular order) 1)The crunchy frog sketch ‘Larks vomit? It don’t say anything about Larks Vomit here’ ‘Yes it does, underneath Monosodium Glutamate’ 2)The 5 Yorkshire Men sketch ‘We used to get up out o’ shoe box at 12am, half an hour before we went to bed and lick road cleann w’tongue…’ (etc) 3)The Travel agent sketch where I think it’s Micheal Palin who goes off on a 5 minute rant about the delights of package holidays… http://www.stone-dead.asn.au/tv-series/sketches/fc-31/travel-agent-mr-smoke-too-much.html [:D]

Justin, you’re my soulmate!! :slight_smile:

“What is your favourite colour?” “Blue … no, red … no, AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGHHH” It’s Friday, somebody pass me the Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch … Cheers, John

“One, two … five … no, three” And let’s not forget the “Trojan chicken” at the French castle… I’d say that it’s hard to decide whether “Holy Grail” or “Life of Brian” is better. John Cleese’s “Clockwise” is another great movie, although strictly speaking, it’s not a Monty Python product [;)]

Life of Brian, The “haggle” lines are good too! [;)]

I like the Spanish Inquisition “Not the comfy chair !!!”

I looove “How not to be seen” from “Flying Circus”/“And now, for something completely different …” [:D][:D][:D]