Favourite meal

Alfonso, the - never substantiated, IIRC - claim was that this would be some English chocolate, which allegedly included blood extracts. It was used to scare people with the - absurd - statement that the EU would lower the quality of our food… The - Spanish, btw [;)] - lice yogurt fell into the same category. Actually, this referred to the ubiquitous “cochinilla red”, one of the very few natural food colors admitted in Austria and also found e.g. in Campari drinks…

quote:

Originally posted by xorph
Alfonso, the - never substantiated, IIRC - claim was that this would be some English chocolate, which allegedly included blood extracts. It was used to scare people with the - absurd - statement that the EU would lower the quality of our food… The - Spanish, btw [;)] - lice yogurt fell into the same category. Actually, this referred to the ubiquitous “cochinilla red”, one of the very few natural food colors admitted in Austria and also found e.g. in Campari drinks…

Well… as developers we’re used to bugs in our programs… as the “cochinilla red” is nothing else but a bug it shouldn’t scare us to eat them… and the strawberry yogurth tasted better with it… (and it’s just a bug… so more protein added… [:D]). After seeing the other subject about “famous foods to make you throw up” i don’t think you should be worried about having your food’s quality lowered… as long as you keep those “exploded hamsters” in your diet…[:D] Remember that lot’s of different products use things on their elaboration people prefer not to know… as example, Coñac liquor is using a piece of meat on their elaboration… they just put the meat on the liquor and let it disolve for a few years…

quote:

Originally posted by apertierra
as long as you keep those “exploded hamsters” in your diet…[:D]

Hey, that’s what you get served in Germany. We Austrians prefer our hamsters whole [;)]

quote:

as example, Coñac liquor is using a piece of meat on their elaboration…

I know why I never touch this stuff… [xx(] What about Whiskey [?]

Hey John you are right, it is Borvil. All I remember growing up was about this horible stuff from England made from cows blood that tastes like Vegemite.

“THE PRODUCT: MARMITE is a concentrated yeast extract paste, enjoyed at any time of the day, whether on toast for breakfast, in sandwiches at lunchtime, or as an added ingredient in stews and casseroles. MARMITE spread is 100% vegetarian, but unlike some vegetarian meals, MARMITE provides an excellent source of vitamin B12. This vitamin helps to prevent anaemia. It also contains a good source of Riboflavin and Niacin as well as an excellent source of Folic Acid. MARMITE is good news for the nation’s slimmers. It contains virtually no fat or sugar. A single 4g serving amounts to only 9kcal/35kJ typical values. Although MARMITE has a salty taste, there is more salt in the bread and butter on which the MARMITE is spread than in the MARMITE itself. MARMITE has a distinctive savoury taste, unlike anything else. It remains a popular food for all the family loved equally by the toddler of the family through to the Grandpa. Over the years, other companies have taken the basic raw materials used in producing MARMITE and infused its special taste into other products, resulting in such delights as muffins flavoured with MARMITE yeast extract and cheese flavoured with MARMITE yeast extract.” What can I tell you? Marmite rules, OK! [8D]

For more on Marmite: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A184097 Vegemite: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A195202 and a recipe using Bovril: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A111989 …personally I don’t touch any of the above…

quote:

Originally posted by Mikael
"THE PRODUCT: MARMITE is a concentrated yeast extract paste, enjoyed at any time of the day, whether on toast for breakfast, in sandwiches at lunchtime, or as an added ingredient in stews and casseroles. […]

Sounds frightening, actually [xx(]

Heinz, Marmite is horrible. [xx(] But if you get a chance, try vegemite - it’s OK!