Favourite meal

I created this poll due to a recent National survey in the UK about our favourite dish / dinner time meal. Indian won, so now I wanted to know what about you guys? What do you prefer? Personally, being an Australian, I reckon you can’t beat a good BBQ with loads of tinnies (cans of beers).

I like McDonalds but I don’t eat in there every day. McDonalds isn’t every day food. But I’m for McDonalds [:D]

Hey, I always thought you Britains were living solely on Marmite and Haggis… [:D][:D]

I have never liked Marmite! In Oz, I use to eat alot of Vegemite on my toast - not as harsh as Marmite!! [:D] I don’t think I’ve ever tried Haggis - that’s the Scot’s anyway. [:)]

Could not find Marmite in my dictionary [:(] Please explain what is it?

quote:

Originally posted by Arthur
Could not find Marmite in my dictionary [:(] Please explain what is it?

It’s a yeast spread, or more precisely, a brownish, jelly-like substance of undefined origin which you put on your bread. [:p] Living on the continent, I have never had the doubtful honor of tasting this marvellous nutrient - I will therefore leave more detailed explanations to those who had. [:D][:D][:D]

PS: Arthur, try searching for it on Google [;)]

Would now be a good moment to mention Jaffa Cakes again?

It’s vile, that’s all you need to know [xx(]. It looks like you’re spreading axle grease on your breakfast and just tastes wrong. Actually, it’s notorious for being a love-it or hate-it food. As for Jaffa Cakes, I’m confident we covered everything that can ever be said about them last year. [;)] Definately a cake, I recall. Of course, we couldn’t make our own polls back then…

What about Spam? How on earth could we forget this one… [:D]

Pizza-hut all the way. Pepperoni— yummi! :slight_smile:

My favorite is chinese. Tasts great and…i love eating with sticks [:)]

Im for “Burger King” - far better than McDoof [:)]

If you’ve ever tried eating an Oxo or Bovril cube, you’ll know what Marmite tastes like! Personally, I don’t think you can beat the cheeseburgers from the fast food van that’s parked outside our offices :wink:

Actually, Justin’s got a point! These burgers are fantastic!! [;)] Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A few pointers. Firstly Vegemite and Marmite. Marmite - English product, made from an extract form Beef blood… Vegemite - Australian product, made from a yeast extract that originated as the residue of brewing beer… Hey guys beef blood vs beer… think about it. I am one of the 49.99994% of Australians that hate Vegemite, there are also about 49.99994% that love it and can not live with out it, those other 0.0002% really need to make their minds up.

David, Thanks for clearing that up for us. [:)] I like vegemite, but I don’t have it all the time. I go through phases of having it on my toast and then I won’t have it for a few months (like at the moment). One other thing, did you vote on this poll? What was your choice?

I’m sorry David, you’re getting confused … Bovril is made from beef extract Marmite AND Vegemite are made from yeast extract It is easy to get confused because they all look like axle grease / congealed sump oil. Cheers, John

Isn’t there also some chocolate made with/of beef blood extract? When Austria was about to join the EU, some anti-EU politicians claimed that after joining, we would all be eating this blood-chocolate. Same for some yogurt brand colored with extract made from lice [xx(][:0]

quote:

Originally posted by xorph
Isn’t there also some chocolate made with/of beef blood extract? When Austria was about to join the EU, some anti-EU politicians claimed that after joining, we would all be eating this blood-chocolate. Same for some yogurt brand colored with extract made from lice [xx(][:0]

I don’t know what kind of chocolate you’re used to eat… but at least on the one i use to there’s no beef blood on their composition. And it makes no much sense arguing that… as everybody admits (including Americans themselves) that United States’ chocolates are not that good as let’s say Switzerland ones [:D}{:D} Regards,