Failed to add field in my sales line table NAV

Hi,

I Tired to add few new field in my sales line table and after i add it in object design → salesline Table → Design
and compiled with no error. But user facing the following error while they doing posting. Anything i forgot to change? or anyway to define the field to accept NULL value?

Hope to get help from you guys.

Thanks.

Have you checked the NotBlank Property of the field Time Arrive Plant.

Error is clear that Time Arrive Plant can not be null/blank . Kindly check the properties of field in NAV

How to enable the field to accept Null? here is the field properties.

which version of nav you are using

Hi Mainfeat,

very old version of navision V4.0 SP2 i think .@_@

No matter what you change the property to, then Navision on SQL does not accept NULL values!
Null is not the same as blank!

The problem here may be that the property “Enabled” is set to No.

Hi Erik,
How to set it?

go to the field and assign the datatype to the (code ) then go to the field property and see there NotBlank Proprety Visible …

refer to my property print screen on 2016-12-8 1:37 PM ,
the notblank is there with the value as default.

Look at your screen shot of the properties. Enabled is property number 7. Change it to Yes.

Hi Erik,
i purposely disable it as when i enable it… i will get error message as shows in my question.

Ok. But back to the basics then. Navision does not accept NULL values at all. Not even in version 4.

So exactly how does this error happen? You write “user facing the error”, is it only one user?

Also in which content does the error happen? When using one specific form, all forms and even if you just run the table?
Or when using a different way to enter data into Navision?

Hi Erik,
Yeah… i am adding a new field. not one user but all user cannot doing posting that involve sales line table. All forms that involve this “sales line” table cannot be use if i enable the new field that i added.
anywhere to put the empty or initial value (with 0 as empty value) in Navision?

Technically this error should not be happening, no matter the NotBlank property or not.
Fields in Navision SQL can NOT be NULL. In Navision fields can be Blank, but Blank and NULL is not the same.

So I really have no idea. But I would try solve it by trying to isolate the error. If it happens by all users, is it a “techncial” problem or what could it be?.

Could it be related to the SQL database. Are you doing this “in production”??
What happens in your test environment when you do the same? Does it happen in a different company?

What if you create another datatime field? Does the same then happen?
Did you previously have a field with the same name in the same SQL table?

Sorry for more questions than answers.

Hi Erik,
Technically this error should not be happening, no matter the NotBlank property or not.
Fields in Navision SQL can NOT be NULL. In Navision fields can be Blank, but Blank and NULL is not the same.

• Yeah… i rather to leave the data to blank data… but… i seems like system is defined it as NULL… It drive me crazy…

Could it be related to the SQL database. Are you doing this “in production”??

• Yes, i am doing this in production.
    What happens in your test environment when you do the same? Does it happen in a different company?
  • I don’t have test environment… that’s the biggest issue for me now…

What if you create another datatime field? Does the same then happen?

• I created 5, same thing happened.
    Did you previously have a field with the same name in the same SQL table?
    -Yeap, but different table.

Hi,
Yes development in production could potentially cost the lift your your database! It sure sounds like there is something wrong with the SQL database.

If you don’t have a test environment, then its about time that you get one. You are not getting closer to a resolution, by staying in production.

Also (this is also a long shot), if you still see the problems in a test copy, then try to upgrade to NAV 4.0 SP3.

Hi Erik,
kindly advice how to make a test environment?
yeah… i not dare to touch production database afraid the database table corrupted.