Exposing field to AIF Service - AX 2012

Hello,

I have added a string field to custTable. And I am using a custom AIF Service with the following service operation :CustCustomerService.*

I searched and searched for a solution, but i am still unable to expose this field to my custom Service inorder to fill it from my project.

Any Suggestions?

1. Go to Tools > Application Integration Framework > Update document service. Update CustCustomerService with Update AxBC classes ticked.
  2. Open AifService form and click Refresh to update the XML schema.

hello Martin,

thanks for your reply, regarding the second point do you meen in the AOT from the Forms node or in System Administration/Setup/Service and Application Integration Framework ? can you clarify the point for me please?

Best Regards,

Martin,

just to note that i just added the field on the CustTable (nothing else) and did what you proposed, i then updated the service reference in my VS 2010 project, but i still can’t see the field using AxdEntity_CustTable)

Should i be doing something else?

Thanks for replying.

Best Regards,

I mean AifService form in AOT.

Before going to Visual Studio, verify that there is a parm method for the field in AxCustTable class and that the schema has been updated (create an enhanced port, add the service operation, tick Customize documents and click Data policies).

Hello Martin,

well i have done everything you mentioned. There is a parm method for the field in AxCustTable class, i refreshed the CustCustomerService, i updated my service reference in VS 2010. And i still can’t see the field.

While creating a new enhanced port, i added the CustCustomerService operation, ticked the Customize documents and opened the data policies but i still can’t see my field.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Thank you for replying.

Best Regards.

If you don’t see the field in data policies, the schema hasn’t been updated. You don’t need to try to consume the service - service clients can’t use fields that the service doesn’t expose.

Ensure yourself that the field is set to be visible. And if you still have a problem, debug the code executed by Refresh button in AifService form, esp. AifSchemaGenerator class (although I’m not aware of any problem there).

Hello Martin,

the problem is fixed, i did what you proposed but there is one step missing:

1. I added the string field to my table
  2. Go to Tools > Application Integration Framework > Update document service. Update CustCustomerService with Update AxBC classes ticked.
  3. Open AifService form and click Refresh to update the XML schema.
  4. Update the Service Reference in VS Project

Make sure to have the “Visible” field property set to YES (this was my problem). After doing the above you will find the field in your VS Project under the AxdEntity_CustTable.

Thanks Martin for your help

Best Regards.