"Exporting" reports to Excel

A client wants to export Trial Balance reports into Excel to give to their auditors. I know you can do 2 things: 1) Save as HTML and then open in Excel and do a Save As to get it into the .XLS format. This works pretty well because the report is already created and if the user filters on “Posting” account types there’s little cleaning up. 2) Export Account Schedules. These don’t give the account numbers the auditor needs. Does anyone know of an easier way (i.e. direct export to Excel) than #1? Thanks[:)]

Hi Why not using a dataport => text file? Dataitem is G/L Account. You have to setup calcfields before exporting the amount fields. EDIT: Shortest way [8D]: Copy and paste “Chart of Accounts” to Excel. You have to set only the date filter. bye André

Hi, 1) Use Copy and Paste in Excell 2) Write Code on Command Click for Exporting in Excell only thoes calumn which requires, 3) Write DataPort and give Filename as C:\UploadNavision\Invoice.xml in property window prffer to write Export Code Bye

You’re right Rakesh, i’ve written a codeunit to create a report in excel spreadsheet via automation. It works fine… and the client amazed :slight_smile:

Hi friends you can goto to overview from there you can export to excel

Hi

quote:

Originally posted by bayu
You’re right Rakesh, i’ve written a codeunit to create a report in excel spreadsheet via automation. It works fine… and the client amazed :slight_smile:

I’m always amazed about the possibilities of automation [:)] but is coding this not to much if you can just copy this from Chart of accounts? I guess if you be paid for lines or hours coding will be the best choice [}:)]. bye André (a customer)