export table with data

Hi All, is exporting table with data possible? Regards.

quote:

Originally posted by alpay
Hi All, is exporting table with data possible? Regards.

yes just use dataport. regards

What you mean by exporting table with data, what i understant is that u want to export the structure of the table as well as the data contained in it, as in some of databases like ORACLE. And when you import the file it will create the table and insert all the records as well. If this is the case, the answer is No . You cannot do this in Navision. thnaks and regards.

quote:

If this is the case, the answer is No . You cannot do this in Navision.

Actually the answer is Yes - and it is very easy to do. Just set the Table Property IncludeDataInDesc = Yes, and the data is exported/Imported with the table-description.

Hi Lennart, what way of export must i use to export the data with the table-description? fob or txt? br Josef Metz

quote:

Originally posted by yharikesh
What you mean by exporting table with data, what i understant is that u want to export the structure of the table as well as the data contained in it, as in some of databases like ORACLE. And when you import the file it will create the table and insert all the records as well. If this is the case, the answer is No . You cannot do this in Navision. thnaks and regards.

I mean that is exporting table with data as fob file possible? I export table but not including data.

quote:

Originally posted by Lennart Nielsen
Actually the answer is Yes - and it is very easy to do. Just set the Table Property IncludeDataInDesc = Yes, and the data is exported/Imported with the table-description.

Are you sure that this property works? I tried but …[V] And found a topic about that Loading...

quote:

Are you sure that this property works? I tried but …

Sorry, it seems i was a bit to quick here.[:I] You’re right, i can’t get it to work neither. But i was just so sure i used it once [|)]

Dear Try to export the table structure like → Shift+12 → Select the table → then click file → import -->give the name and save. next Shift+12 → Dataport → select particular dataport for that item → option → give name and click ok.