Export Dataport contains space before value

Doing a tab delimited dataport and i can not figure out why i am getting a blank space before the field. both FieldStart and End are set to . if i change to a string i get only the string and not a space. vendor I am uploading to does not trim the import file so I need to fix on my end. I feel like I am missing something simple.

This is in nav 2009 R2 classic client.

What are you using for the value of the FieldSeparator property?

at first tried using none and tab as the end delimiter, that didn’t work either.

first field has a spacer in it is what is telling me there is a problem.

So this space shows up as the very first character of the first line? Does it repeat at the beginning of each line? If so, you might take a look at the Dataport Fields List … it might be that you have a space at the beginning of the source expression. Also, look at the code behind the field to see whether you have any code that might have this effect.

That’s a good place to start.

If you don’t see anything there, and don’t mind … maybe you could export the dataport to text and post the whole file?

first field is is a decimal and i did no special code, second field is code, both pad with a space. I have no problem posting the output, to be honest, not sure how, wasnt copy paste or should i figure out how to upload?

So, just to be sure that I understand, you’re saying that every field on every line has a leading space? Have you had a chance to look at the output file in hex format? If you’re using as the field separator, and as the Field Start/End Delimiter, you would expect to see a 09 immediately following the last character of the first field and immediately preceding the first character of the next field. A space would show up in your hex view as 20. Are you seeing 20s or 09s?

I’ll send you my e-mail address if you want to send a copy of the object and the exported file?

Is fileFormat set to Variable? or is this fixed?