Export and Import Data of Item Details Missing in AX 2009

Hi,

I just want to ask why I’m still unable to view the items in Item Details with the following tables below.

1. InventTable

2. InventTableModule

3. InventItemLocation

4. InventItemInventSetup

5. InventItemInventPurchSetup

6. InventItemInventSalesSetup

I used the export/import feature of AX 2009 using Standard file type, selecting the tables above, producing a dat and def files. I am just migrating items from the old instance to the new instance. Did I missed something?

Regards,

kjoyie

Have you tried running the consistency check in the Basic module?

hi,

did you load your files in the master data society before your current society?

regards,

Thomas

Hi AdamRoue,

I’ve ran it but no errors found.

Regards,

kjoyie

Hi Thomas,

What do you mean? I’m sorry. I need further explanation.

Regards,

kjoyie

I mean before loading item datas (in inventTable and few other table) in a company, you must load it before in the masterData company (mdc), if you check the dataAreaId column in inventTable, you’ll see values for your company and values for mdc

hope it helps

Hi Thomas,

Thank you. Yes, I create a new company and load it there.

Regards,

kjoyie

If the data is present in all listed tables and the consistency check did not correct the links (you need to run it as fix) and you cannot see them in the item details form then the import is incorrect. There are more tables than listed, so check historical postings as this has been discussed before, then you need to start to review your actual import and how these links are created and the actual data that is populating the tables. In my experieince any lack of view on a correct data structure was cleared by the consistency check, so your issue is with the data being imported and where it is being imported into.

Hi AdamRoue**,**

Thank you for that explanation. I think what you have said in the data being imported is true. The data is coming from the old instance which there are lot of problems. So, they have decided to create a new one and just import all master files and setup. So, because you said that my issue is with data being imported and where being imported to, could you give me some advice where I can easily migrate those master files and setup in the new fresh instance of AX?

Regards,

kjoyie