Explain the Find Method in Axapta.

Hi Experts,

Can any one explain the following code. How it is working.what is the use of the Find Mehtod.

static InventTable find(ItemId itemId,

boolean update = false)

{

InventTable inventTable;

;

inventTable.selectForUpdate(update);

if (itemId)

{

select firstonly inventTable

index hint ItemIdx

where inventTable.ItemId == itemId;

}

return inventTable;

}

Thanks in Advance…

This method is used to get all the details about product based on ItemId. And this method require 2 arguments

It is not a Override method. So they gave the name find for better understand.

Hi Roshan,

Thanks for your Quick Reply.

I want to know these cases 1) if i put boolean update = false what will happen.why it is default false.

1. if i put boolean update = true what will happen.

Explain below statement

inventTable.selectForUpdate(update); ==> what is the use of this line of code.how it works

The second parameter is just a way to have the Find method more complete, so you should set it to True when you want to modify the found buffer, for example:

inventTable = InventTable::find(“Frame”, true);
inventTable.PBAItemConfigurable = NoYes::No;
inventTable.update();

This is the same as:

inventTable = InventTable::find(“Frame”);
inventTable.selectForUpdate(true);
inventTable.PBAItemConfigurable = NoYes::Yes;
inventTable.update();

So basically is a best practice in order to have better code.

Hi,

If i put boolean update = false ,If condition satisfy , It will not return any value at first looping its true or false(actually there is no default property value for variable),If you put boolean update=true ,It will return the value ,If condition is satisfy.If condition fail,it will exit .

inventTable.selectForUpdate(update); ==>("Use of update the variable values,whether delete,insert,modify…whatever Updates)

I want to share a table generator methods and classes to Ax 2012

http://www.dynamicsaxlatino.com/generador-metodos-en-tablas-y-clases-para-ax-2012/