Excelformatting in NAV 2013 using Excelbuffer

Hi all,

I have searched several forums for a working example on how to set an outside border around a range of cells when you export data to Excel using the ExportBuffer Table 370.

So my question is like this:

Can you use the ExcelBuffer function BorderAround in NAV 2013 R2 or is a leftover from the past?

During my search I have met several links to videos and documents that doesn’t exist anymore, answers like. “Yes you can, just write the appropriate code”, “Have you seached Google” etc. So to cut off these answers:

• Yes I have seached a lot of forums.

• No, I can’t write the appropriate C# code in Visual Studio to make my own functions outside NAV.

Hope there is someone with an answer or a good example for example how to set a border around Row 1 in Report82.

There is a function called BorderAround in excel buffer table, did you checked that.

Welcome To DUG!!!

MS Navision 2013 already come up with excel export functionality as default functionality.

Hi Manish.

Thanks for the suggestion, but as I wrote in my post : “Can you use the ExcelBuffer function BorderAround in NAV 2013 R2 or is a leftover from the past?”

I haven’t been able to make it do anything, and can’t see it referenced in the std. Export ojects (Budget, analysis view etc", so I was actually looking for an example on how to use it or the opposite before I waste a lot of time to just find out that it’s useless :slight_smile:

Have you been able to use it on a range?

Cheers

Jens,

Hi Amol,

Exactly - there are a number of std. functions in TAB370 - and that’s what I’m using, but i haven’t been able to find any standard functionality that can set an outside border around a range of cells, only format every cell within your range…

Do you know of any or is it different Excel export functionality you Refer to?

Leftover from past means ?

Were you using this functionality in any of the previous versions.

As a developer you can check the code in there and ask your self does it work.