Example permission sets for limited users

Dynamics NAV 2013 R2:

Is there anywhere I can get hold of example permission sets for limited users?

For example,

I add a Limited user as an Order Processor.

This person Add/Edits Items, and Sales Quotes

How does this user use their role without all of the error messages complaining about permissions?

I have tried adding the following permission sets:

• BASIC
  • G/L-ACCOUNT
  • INVT-ITEM/BOM, EDIT
  • S&R-Q/O/I/R/C
  • G/L-PERIODIC

The G/L ones were added in to attempt to prevent the Accounting Period Test Data (Page:Customer Statistics) from showing a permissions error when opening the Sales Quotes page.

Even with all of these I get a message saying that I cannot insert a Sales Line. I would have thought that the S&R-Q/O/I/R/C would cover that ?

Apparently before NAV 2013 R2, it was based on trust, now in R2, it enforces the 3 table rule.

Any help would be appreciated. Such as permission set recipe page for each role as a limited user.

Thanks

Dave K

Hi,

Permissions can be a pain to understand at first. The problem you will be having is that you have given the permission to create a sales order, but not post one.

S&R-Q/O/I/R/C - Create sales orders etc.
S&R-Q/O/I/R/C, POST - Post sales orders, etc.

When defining permissions, it’s most likely necessary (as it definately was in my case) to create a custom permission set for each role in your workplace to include the extra permissions… This will be especially necessary if you have your own tables/pages etc. Also, the default permission sets didn’t include the Cues (not sure if this was resolved for 2013 R2). You will get a prompt for this on your Personalised RTC if this is the case.

Sorry, I’m in a rush. Hope that helps