Euro 2004

Jan, you got to be kiddding right ? [;)] Have you seen Zidane free kick, I doubt it was luck [:D] But not being able to score on penalty was indeed BAD luck … Let’s see if we can win tonight too

quote:

Originally posted by janpieter
Luck? neh! UK-france, thas was luck (for france that is)!

Two good results for England. An England win and a French-Croatia draw. England didn’t play that well but still got a good result. All the earlier kick offs have been relatively poor games though due to the heat. I do think that France have had the luck with them so far but should beat Switzerland convincingly. Tonight predictions: Bulgaria 1 Denmark 1 and Italy 1 Sweden 1

WHAT???[}:)] Italy wins!!![:D] 2-0

And I think that England wins the title[:)] Italy 2° France 3° I’m honest, not only a fan[;)]

How about Italy to draw again, but Denmark to thrash Bulgaria 2 - 0. That would put the cat amongst the pidgeons in this group!

Hmmmm… Interesting one this one… I really really hate to have to say this but i think the Germans are going to sneak in there… Greece have been the surprise team so far in my opinion… But England will win Euro 2004… Owen is due for a load of goals… He’s been quiet so far…

Impressive predictions David! Hope you’ve cashed in at the bookmakers. I don’t see England winning the cup, though. It’ll be France, Spain or Holland.

quote:

Originally posted by nelson
So this is the thread where I can hang my head in shame… [xx(][V][:(]

So this is the thread where I can proudly raise my head… [:p][^][:D]

Well it clearly won’t be Spain now then!

Neslon, Congratulations, you’re qualified for the quarter[:)] If France do qualify tonight I would love to see another France - Portugal (again! [:D]) honestly if we don’t crucify Switzerland a good 3-0 or 5-0 tonight I would be disapointed. I cross my fingers now and I hope that Zinede Zidane, Thierry Henry and our other national heroes will REALLY make the difference and play some awesome football tonite… Now, let’s wait & see …

quote:

Nelson wrote : So this is the thread where I can proudly raise my head… [:p][^][:D]

Tarek, For France to play against Portugal on the quarter-finals, you’d have to finish 2nd on group B (which means not winning tonight). And I don’t think you’d like that, would you? [:P] So, good luck for you and your side and let’s hope we can meet later on the tournament.

I have to agree that France will win. I’m going for 3 - 0! England to scrape home 1 - 0. Can’t wait to thrash France in the Final [:p][:D][:D]

Well, you could, you’ve got a couple of world class players too : Beckham, Owen, … But as long as France will keep the spirit high, keep faith until the last minute (even when the situation is hopeless!), you might win, but you will have a hard time … France & England have got great players, that’s a fact but if they don’t manage to play well as a team then don’t have much chance winning the cup …

quote:

Originally posted by dwest
Can’t wait to thrash France in the Final [:p][:D][:D]

What does everyone think about the rumour that Demark and Sweden will play out a pre-arranged ‘friendly’ draw (say 2 - 2). This means that both go through and Italy go home no matter what happens against Bulgaria!

David, Denmark and Sweden are traditionally archerivals and I can assure you (and I’m sure the swedes here will agree) that no such arrangement will take place. I certainly don’t hope the game by - some highly unlikely - chance ends 2-2 or 3-3 since this would only give nourishment to speculation - especially in Italy… Denmark and Sweden would forever be branded cheats by the italian media and tifosi.

Rumors in Italy are that if Denmark and Sweden will friendly draw 2-2 nobody here will buy Ikea and Navision anymore [:D] , but I’m pretty sure it will not happen. The main problem is that I’m not sure we will defeat Bulgarians…[B)] Ciao!

quote:

Originally posted by dwest
What does everyone think about the rumour that Demark and Sweden will play out a pre-arranged ‘friendly’ draw (say 2 - 2). This means that both go through and Italy go home no matter what happens against Bulgaria!

quote:

Originally posted by dwest This means that both go through and Italy go home no matter what happens against Bulgaria!

(Y) This would be great - after their behaviour! Italy deserves no less than to go home.

Oh, fantastic! Many thanks. I thought that in case of a prearranged draw (that -repeat-, I’m sure it will not happen) Denmark & Sweden should go home. Let the green lawn and the round ball decide. Good match to everyone.

quote:

Originally posted by facade

quote:

Originally posted by dwest This means that both go through and Italy go home no matter what happens against Bulgaria!

(Y) This would be great - after their behaviour! Italy deserves no less than to go home.

Always glad to cheer up you guys :stuck_out_tongue:

This evening, Italy - Bulgary will be a one side match. Italy has no chance, must win. About the behaviour of some italian players… i agree with Tõnu, they deserve to go home, but there are others in the team who are great players, and they deserve to play and to win! And finally, here the are, the supporters!!! We deserve to see our team go for the final match (i mean, after that oltrageous referee in Korea 2002)!!! At last, Sweden and Denmark are two team with a too high culture to plan a draw. If the situation was opposite, (italy at the place of Sweden and Bulgary instead of Denmark) Italy and Bulgary could be two teams totally able for a “friendly” draw! :slight_smile: