Errors in role center displaying KPIs and Indicators

Hi,

I’m having some troubles when I try to visualize the indicators and KPI’s in the Role center. I’ve already deploy the analysis project from AX without any errors.

Some KPI’s and reports are well done display but in others I got the following errors:

1.Query (23, 5) The MEMBERS function expects a hierarchy expression for the argument. A member expression was used. --------- I noticed that this error is only display in role centers related to the production cube. Is there missing a hierarchy in one dimension ?

1. The dimension ‘[Transaction date - fiscal calendar]’ was not found in the cube when the string, [Transaction date - fiscal calendar].[Year].[All], was parsed. -------- I configured the fiscal calendar in AX, should I rename the dimension, create another one or something is missing in the configuration?.

2. Unable to set parameter values before rendering the report. Contact your system administrator for assistance. ---- I tried to edit the web part setting up the parameters but I got -----> An unexpected exception occurred in the Microsoft Dynamics AX Report Parameter Web Part Editor.

Any ideas how can I solve ?

Thanks

I solve the problem 2 setting up the name of the fiscal calendar as ‘fiscal calendar’ it was like ‘calendar’

Problem 3 was solved changing the name of the dimensions. It’s important to have the same name.

And I’m still having troubles with problem #1.

The MEMBERS function expects a hierarchy expression for the argument. A member expression was used.

I don’t know yet wich hierarchy is expecting, I tought it was in Warehouses dimension

Query execution failed for dataset ‘Sites’. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)

SITES are configured with warehouses, but still no solution.

Anybody knows the solution?

Hi,

for the point 3 , how you know which dimension you need to change?

Thanks

You have to edit the web part and see which report is trying to load … you’ll see an error related to parameters.

Then find that report in Reporting Services and try to open … now you’ll see error details. “. dimension /field …” can not be found … rename the dimension, field or even the cube to that name and now it works ! :slight_smile:

godd luck

Thanks Dude

Hi Daniel,

I am deploying SSAS for the first time. I am facing same error as you did for point 2. I couldn’t rename fiscal cal to ‘fiscal calendar’ in ax because it has character limitations and setting it in description didn’t help.

Did you change the name ‘fiscal calendar’ in SSAS project or somewhere else?

Best Regards,

Michael Brown

Hi Daniel!

¿How did you rename the fiscal calendar ‘calendar’ as ‘fiscal calendar’?

¿Have you alredy solve the error of point 1 “1.Query (23, 5) The MEMBERS function expects a hierarchy expression for the argument. A member expression was used”?

Thanks in advance!

hi

i faced the error in point 1 , have any one solve this error for urgent?.