Error with 'post and print'

Official fix from Navision the Netherlands for CU 13 About your problem: you are right. This problem has already been reported. I have a fix for you: From request SE-950-217-HKM8: In CU 13. Note - you have to declare a variable: GenJnlLineCopy, Record, Gen.Journal Line Before - replace this IF FIND(’-’) THEN REPEAT JnlLineDim.SETRANGE(“Journal Line No.”,“Line No.”); JnlLineDim.DELETEALL; DELETE; UNTIL NEXT = 0; After - replace above with this // BEGIN FIX GenJnlLineCopy.RESET; GenJnlLineCopy.COPY(GenJnlLine); IF GenJnlLineCopy.FIND(’-’) THEN REPEAT JnlLineDim.SETRANGE(“Journal Line No.”,GenJnlLineCopy.“Line No.”); JnlLineDim.DELETEALL; GenJnlLineCopy.DELETE; UNTIL GenJnlLineCopy.NEXT = 0; // END

quote:

Originally posted by Sven Noomen
I have a fix for you:

Not really. Because I made a technical Update from 2.6 to 3.6 (so still using the 2.6 code in a 3.6 environment). I have no dimensions here. This issue is completely different from SE-950-217-HKM8. However, Sven, thanks for your help. Kind regards Walter

quote:

Originally posted by Gedas
OK. Wait for hotfix 9, or for answer: will be corrected in next release after next release.[:D]

Response to NO-797-233-WE7Q: Conclusion: Will be corrected- Version No.: Next Release- Service Pack No.: - Hotfix No.: - Corrected source text: - Text: 08.10.2002/LPG: These errors will be corrected in the next release (after 3.60 - scheduled Q4 2002).- But this is not helping us NOW Regards Walter

Hi, Our NTR connected to Navision Denmark and get answer about this error: “hot fix for 3.60 will be released soon” So we wait.

Hi, has this problem now been fixed by Navision? I am having the same difficulty with post+print with a technical upgrade and believe it to be a least partly related to the client application. I have on occasion created, posted + printed an invoice successfully. Ive then closed the form, then whiles’t in the middle of an unrelated activity such as editing a codeunit, received the error message “The sales header does not exist” with the parameters of the unposted sales invoice. Its not specific to anything in particular, any unrelated random action will cause the error message, even if all windows in the application are closed. I am in the middle of a full upgrade 2.60 → 3.60 but I am worried that this will not solve the problem. FYI the Sales & Receivables module in this instance is unmodified. Im hoping somebody can shed some light on this matter. Regards, Edward.

Edward, as far as I know, there is no Fix for this problem yet (unbeleiveable!). However, as a workaround I have done the following: In the Post & Print codeunits (e.g. Codeunit 92) I added one line in the “PrintReport(ReportUsage : Integer)” function: ----- snip ----- ReportSelection.RESET; ReportSelection.SETRANGE(Usage,ReportUsage); ReportSelection.FIND(’-’); REPEAT ReportSelection.TESTFIELD(“Report ID”); MESSAGE(Text50002); ← this line added CASE ReportUsage OF ReportSelection.Usage::“P.Invoice”: REPORT.RUN(ReportSelection.“Report ID”,FALSE,FALSE,PurchInvHeader); ReportSelection.Usage::“P.Cr.Memo”: REPORT.RUN(ReportSelection.“Report ID”,FALSE,FALSE,PurchCrMemoHeader); ----- snip ----- where Text50002 is only “klick OK to get the printout” or so. And it is working! Do not ask me why. I spent days on tracing and debugging this error but could not find it. It is, I guess, a problem in the fin.exe (client program). May be a YIELD (as a kind of “dialog”) can do the same. Good luck. Walter P.S.: Don’t worry to much about this error as there is this workaround. The error is in 3.60 plain demo database with the 3.6 executeables.

Hi Walter, There is no problem with 3.60 MY version (fresh new demo version). Just to share with you.

Ok, Ill try it out. Thanks for the reply! Edward