Error while upgrading Nav 2009 Sp1 to Nav 2013(SQL database)

I’m rather surprised the switch to single-user did not resolve this issue. That’s alwasy seems to work for me with this error.

Yeah, i kept the database in single user mode…but no use Mr.babrown

Just something off topic:

There’s no “Mr.”, “Sir” or similar formal thingy to adress members here at Dynamics User Group - please just use the nickname or first name [;)]

Then again: I’m pretty sure your machine simply lacks RAM. With 4GB in total, any application gets at maximum 2GB - the other 2GB are reserved for Windows.

These 2GB will be shared by all kinds of other applications you run. For heavy database transactions - a NAV is handling such a migration in one single monster-transactions! - this might not be enough. Thus, you should deactivate everything which is consuming RAM.

You probably get this error because a pretty large table is “upgraded”, then SQL Server - this will establish lots of locks (see sp_lock) which obviously exceeds the RAM.

Make sure the “lock” configuration is set to default:

EXEC sp_configure ‘locks’, 0

Make sure you are NOT using Traceflags 1224 or 1211

See also: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2199576

Hi Stryk,

I have executed this query: EXEC sp_configure ‘locks’, 0

But giving error message as "Msg 15123, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_configure, Line 51

The configuration option ‘locks’ does not exist, or it may be an advanced option."

Regards,

Baba Guru

It is an advanced option. Try this:

EXEC sp_configure ‘show advanced options’, ‘1’
RECONFIGURE
EXEC sp_configure ‘locks’, 0
RECONFIGURE

Hi Stryk,

Yeah query was worked now which you mentioned above…I set the locks to 0 successfully…

Now my server upgraded with 20 GB RAM…Kindly download this link

http://209.61.192.223/Navision/SRV-85-HV-Video.rar

Result is giving same error…

Hi All,

Problem was solved by upgrading my server with 32 GB physical RAM and SQL server Maximum server memory(in MB) changed to 28672.

Thanks to everyone for posted your answers to my question.

Regards,

Baba Guru.