Error while Up gradation(Ax 2009 -Ax 2012)- Field Mapping Error

Hi All,

I am doing Generate Table Mappings step while upgrading data from Ax 2009 to Ax 2012.

It has given me some field mapping errors.

After observation, i found that Ax is giving NO Mapping Error for those fields which are there in AX 2009 but are not in AX 2012.

Now, i am not able to figure out how to resolve it as field is not present in AX 2012, so how does system will do the mapping.

Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards

Aman Gupta

If the field was not kept in place by code upgrade, it means that it was removed (maybe replaced by another concept), renamed or moved to another table. You have to identify which case it is and implement a data upgrade script. Consult Fixing table/field mapping errors in How to Write Data Upgrade Scripts for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for details.

Hi Aman,

By using “Used by” option you can able to know that where this particular field is being used in different objects in ax2012. Compare the same object between old layer and new layer you can able to know the following field is replaced with different field or may be some normalization can be happen.Compare tool play a pivotal role on this.