error while posting PO_invoice showing that No of lines for posting or Quantity is zero

Hi,

while posting purchase order invoice it is sowing error that quantity or no.of lines is zero. how to solve this problem.

i given update value and invoice quantity, invoice amt in packing slip and is taking same value in invoice also.but

posting is not done. plz give me the solution.

Thank you.

Tell us your steps and the current status of teh line, for example invoice remainder field.

Hi,

i try to post PO invoice after all the steps like purchse order, receipt list and packing slip. In packing slip i given the update value and invoice quantity are same. and it got posted without any error.

But while posting invoice it is showing error like the quantity for posting is zero.

could you explain how to solve this.

Thanks

shekhar

Hi,

On the Posting Invoice Form, Please check the Lines and Packing Slip Tab.

I guess there wouldn’t be any line.

If this is the problem, than i will suggest to delete the invoice line on Posting Invoice Form and close the form.

Reopen the form, New line will be created and there you can update the invoice.

As I said, what is the invoice remainder. You have not told us your update quantity parameter setting on posting, or what you are actually doing.

Hi Admam,

I DID NOT MAKE ANY PARAMETER SETTINGS .BUT I DID GENERAL PO POSTING

Am sorry to say , this is ax 4.0 version , and the scenario is am generating a new PO , when i created a purchase order, receipt list and packing slip , in packing slip, line tab i given update parameter value is 15 and

invoice quantity is 15 and

invoice amt is 134550.

sothat PACKING SLIP got posted , but while generating INVOICE IT IS THR0WING ERROR. THAT NO LINES FOR POSTING OR QUANTITY IS ZERO.

I hav no idea about functional settings and required parameters . But i did not enter any value in INVOICE REMAINDER . could u give me THE REQUIRED scenario for PO posting IN AX 4.0.

You did - every time you post something there is a quantity parameter setting, is it set to ALL, or delivery note etc? It is the first field on the posting form, it does what you tell it. Please do not shout at me if you want a response.

My guess is the invoice remainder is 0 I am not asking you how many you entered, I am asking you the current value. Go to the line - I guess it is 0, which means you have already invoiced it because you do not know what you are doing. AX prevents you invoicing something multuple times when you only received it once.

The required scenario for posting a PO does require an understanding of the system. Having no idea about any functional setting means you are pressing post without understanding what you are doing or have done, then when you get an error you cannot understand it. I suggest you read the manual and follwo the labs and start to understand the basics of the process because you have clearly confused yourself.