error while importing the xpo of the form from development enviromment to production (AX2012R2)

Hi,

system throwing the error while importing the xpo of the form from development environment to production…

after clicking OK button of the import form prompts the error message as below…

. Unable to save Form xxxxx

Serious error during import of Form xxxxxx

note; the form which am importing is being duplicated from the standard form (purchTable) and modified

regards,

Krishna rao

First of all, you definitely shouldn’t deliver customizations to production by .xpo files. There are many risks, what you now see is just one of them. Stop breaking your production environment and move to a test or a build environment before doing any more attempts.

Maintaining a copy of such a major form is usually a bad idea as well.

Now, if you’re already in a non-production environment, tell us more about the problem. Does the form already exists in the environment? Do you get any more errors? Does the comparison work? Can’t you have any conflict in Origin values?

thanks for the reply martin,

we are exporting xpo from development to testing environment…

am not getting the comparison option as the form not exists in the testing environment…

not getting any errors regarding conflict in Origin values…

its only prompting the underneath message

. Unable to save Form xxxxx

Serious error during import of Form xxxxxx

with regards,

krishna.

Hi all,

now it has been imported without errors…

below describing what one of our team member did …

a)created a form in testing environment with same name as in development…

b) now imported the form from development to test…

successfully imported with out any errors…

could you please let me know

1. how it been imported without origin id conflicts…

as i thought when we created a form in testing environment it will have different origin id from development… as of this i expected importing a form with same name (from dev) to test will give the origin id conflicts…

I obviously can’t analyze your .xpo file for OriginId conflicts - you’re the only one who could do it. And if I don’t know whether there was an OriginId conflict and where, I can’t comment on why. But I’ve heard about people getting into troubles after duplicating a form.

Martin,

however thanks for the response,