Error "the country code in the license file does not correspond to the country code in the stx file"

Dear All,

I have installed NA 5.0 client Indian localization on my machine, created a new database successfully. Now I have imported my developer license which has country code ‘UAE’ and saved this license file in the NAV 5 database that I have created.

When I closed and tried to reopen the Nav, it is throwing an error says 'the country code in the license file does not correspond to the country code in the stx file error’

I gone through many posts in different forums and replaced the STX file in the client folder, where I have installed NAV (i.e. in C:/Program Files) with the STX copied from product CD. Still getting the same error. I even tried reinstalling NAV, still no use. Please advice

Thanks in advance, hoping a better solution.

Regards,
Venu

Try this blog post

http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/kine/archive/2007/11/03/Country-code-in-ENU-fin.stx-file-is-not-W1-anymore.aspx

Hi Mohana,

Many thanks for your reply. Country of my license file is “UAE” and the language version for Middle East is W1. The NAV that i have installed is a W1 version only which is same as the country of my license file.

As given in the link, I have copied the fin.STX file from the product CD and put it into the client folder. Still it is giving the same error.

I would try to replace the stx file not only in the program dir itself, but also replace the STX files in the subfolders for the languages.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your response. This has solved the language error but, now it is throwing a new error says ‘There is a checksum error in the fin.stx file. The file has been changed or corrupted since it was installed’.

Regards,

Venu

This error message justz appear when the STX file has been changed manually using notepad or similar tools.

This has also been stated in the referred blog suggested by mohana.

Please try again to copy a fresh STX file from the W1 CD to the NAV Client directory and to ALL language folders,

One more,

why did you install an Indian client at all?

It should be OK to run the indian DB with your W1 client.
If you need additional languages, just copy those language folders over from the Indian Install CD (no setup) and replace all files in there with the ones from your ENU folder.

Hi Thomas,

Sorry, I checked wrongly. The one that i have installed is a W1 version only not the Indian version. The setup file of W1 version has only ENU folder and the directory alos has ENU only. Any how I tried replacing the language folder, it didnt work. So I tried reinstalling again, still no luck.

Regards,

Venu

But you can create new databases and work with them using your client?

Hi Thomas,

I could not even able to open the Navision. It is throwing an error says ‘There is a checksum error in the fin.stx file. The file has been changed or corrupted since it was installed’

Regards,

Venu

Can you try to uninstall and reinstall the client?

Then try with CRONUS DB.