Error In Item Journal

Hi,

I encounter a Error message, when i transact the Item using ITEM JOURNAL, this the Error message:

The General Posting Setup does not Exist.

Identification Fields and values:

Gen. Bus. Posting Group=’’,Gen. Product Posting Group=‘PC’.

But when I use the same Item and transact them in Purchase and Sales,I can post the transaction,but when I transact the same item in Item Journal that error appear.

Did I miss some setup? Hoping for your reply. [:)]

YES. There is NO setup in the Matrix for Gen. Bus. Posting Group=‘’,Gen. Product Posting Group=‘PC’. If you post a purchase or sales the “Gen. Bus. Posting Group” is filled by the vendor/customer Gen. Bus. Posting Group.

However, you have to either:

add a new record on the matrix with an empty Gen. Bus. Posting Group (which I do not suggest as a good solution) or

fill out the Gen. Bus. Posting Group on the item journal.

Missing filling Gen. Bus. Posting Group in item jounral is a very common mistake.

Ok It post!!

But from what records the Gen.Bus.Posting in ITEM JOURNAL? my Item has a setup of Gen. Bus. Posting…is there a way to automatically fill that field…or Ill choose the Ge. Bus Posting…every I use the ITEM JOURNAL?.hoping for you reply…[:)]

The field is filled with “” (empty). My 1st suggestion was to have a matrix entry with Gen. Bus. Posting Group=‘’,Gen. Product Posting Group=‘PC’. You can do it like this. Some companies requiere different posting rules than just one. So the have not only the purchase and the sales, also WIP and/or transfers. So they need “different” Gen. Bus. Posting Groups.

I still strongly recommend to fill out the Gen. Bus. Posting Group. Someone in your company must be able to tell you how they want to see the movement of their inventory in their accounts. If not, tough.

Thanks for your suggestion…Thank you very much.