Error in installation of NAV 2013

When i click on setup.exe of NAV 2013 i get this message please help

I have never installed 2013 on PC installing for the first time still i get this error…

7043.Program Compatibility Assistant_2013-06-26_16-29-33.png

Program might be installed already on ur maching.

Check in control panel.

No sir NAV 2013 is not already installed on my PC.

I already checked in control Panel.

Only NAV 5.0 installed on my PC

is you computer having 64 bit supporting OS…?

Try to run as administrator and see if that helps.

Anil.

Yes it is 64 bit OS.

And even if i Run as Administrator still the same message appears.

I think ur Nav 2013 product is in Desktop…Right?Copy that product in D drive…and run the setup again…

I did it sir but still getting the error…

I think while the NAV 2013 installation progress…U may cancelled the installation process in middle…Hence NAV 2013 registry entry was already there in ur computer…Hence it leads ur error…

I think while the NAV 2013 installation progress…U may cancelled the installation process in middle…Hence NAV 2013 registry entry was already there in ur computer…Hence it leads to ur error…

Hi Pooja,

A good idea when asking a question regarding installation is always to start by writing which OS you’re installing on. [:)] Also if you’re install the Windows client, Web client services, NAV service etc. I assume this is the “normal” Windows client your problem is about?

It’s most likely not possible to tell you exactly what went wrong. But I would start again all over by first removing both NAV 5.0 and NAV 2013. Then I would make sure that the program was actually removed. The error say that you actually did install it the first time.

Then start again. RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. Make sure no errors show up during installation. And check the Windows eventlog for any other errors. After installation also make sure that the “normal” user (not the administrator) has access to the directory where NAV is installed.

Hi Erik,

I have Windows 7 64 bit OS.

I uninstalled NAV 5.0 and rebooted my PC.

I checked in the regedit.exe there is no registry for Navision now.

I tried to install NAV 2013 again but still the same error appears.

Any suggestions please.

Pooja,

This is showing because of program compatibility on windows 8

You need to click on reinstall using recommended settings . It will install …

Hi Pooja,

When you installed NAV 2013, did you remember to use the “Run as Administrator” when starting it? I have seen that forgetting this option quite often will give you problems run it after.