Error in Event Viewer when NAV Application Server started

Hi all,

I am trying the Technical Article of (Talking with Navision in MSDN). But I got these problem in event viewer:

The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( MICHAEL-SQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The previous 20 reported events were identical.

In order not to overcrowd the message logging system, identical events will not be logged until after the program reports a different event.

Is this problem have anything to do with the setup of my Application Server or I need to configure something before I start the Application Server?

Thanks in advance.

-Khairul-

You must look at the first of the 20 events to see if there is additional information in that message.

Has the Service started?

Are you managing the service with the NAS Management Console and have you defined any parameters?

Have you looked in the Services (My Computer, Manage) and checked that the service is starting with a valid username / password?

So many questions?

You must look at the first of the 20 events to see if there is additional information in that message.

• It shows the same message in another events. But I get this message when I started my machine:

• Object ID=‘80’,Object Type=‘Codeunit’,Trigger Line=‘1’,Code No=‘50’

-But when I stop the service in Services (In control panel), it shows this message:

• This message is for C/AL programmers:
  • The call to member OpenReceiveQueue failed. MSMQQueueInfo returned the following message:
  • This operation is not supported for Message Queuing installed in workgroup mode.

Has the Service started?

- Yes, it is.

Are you managing the service with the NAS Management Console and have you defined any parameters?

• Yes, I’ve tried that too. It gives the same message.

• The call to member OpenReceiveQueue failed. MSMQQueueInfo returned the following message:

• This operation is not supported for Message Queuing installed in workgroup mode.

• Then this message:

• The Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV MICHAEL-SQL could not initialize properly.

• The server will attempt to initialize every 30 seconds until this is successful.

• It follows with this message.

• The Breakpoint already exists.

• Identification fields and values:

• Object ID=‘80’,Object Type=‘Codeunit’,Trigger Line=‘1’,Code No=‘50’

…and have you defined any parameters?

• Yes, I have defined the parameters.

Have you looked in the Services (My Computer, Manage) and checked that the service is starting with a valid username / password?

• Yes I do. The services started. But it gives the same error as I answer in first question.

OK.

What parameters are you trying to use to start that NAS Service?

Is this a new piece of code?

I’m using NAVCOMM to start it. It’s not a new piece of code. It’s same as the technical article. By the way, it’s already started. But it still showing the warning message. The problem was cause by NAVCOMM codeunit. I didn’t define full path of the Message Queue.

The problem now, what I send from .net, I didn’t get the message back from NAV. I checked the queue, and I found out the queue from .net is created. But I didn’t get any message from NAV. Is there any way that I can figure out whether:

1. Message reach NAV or not. or

2. Message reach NAV, but NAV can’t send it back. or

3. Message are send from NAV but .net didn’t catch it.

Again, I used the same piece of code for .net.

Hi,

This is an update. I try to debug in .net. So far I think this code is the cause of my problem:

<i>private void mqFromNavision_ReceiveCompleted(object sender, System.Messaging.ReceiveCompletedEventArgs e)
{
   </i>__*System.Messaging.Message m = mqFromNavision.EndReceive(e.AsyncResult);*__<i>
   txtReceive.Text = (string)m.Body;
}</i>
After this line, I get an exception. 

- TargetInvocationException was unhandled.

It means that the message was sent and .net received back the message from NAV. But after this line of code, it breaks. Correct me if 'm wrong.

Thank You,

You must understand the code and the function that you are installing to debug.

Try step-by-step development: develop, implement and test in simple steps from first level (for example starting the NAS and running one Codeunit to execute one function) leading up to full function. Then you can see what is working and what is not working.

I’m not a .net export.

Thanks for your advice. :slight_smile:

I’ve been doing that and I think in NAV side I don’t have problem anymore.

TQ…

-Khairul-