error: financial dimension vs unit on the item

Hey,

i create an item with inventory model group ‘standardcost’ and an active costprice.

Units for purchase, sell and inventory are the same, for example ‘pieces’.

When i want to fill in the business unit ‘MM’ in the fasttab ‘Financial dimensions’ (this is another unit than the units for purchase, sell and inventory), the system gives an error:

Financial dimension of type ‘Unit’ MM s different form unit ‘Pieces’ specified on ‘item x’…

Can someone explain above situation?

Thanks a lot!

Frederik

HI,

If I’m not wrong, your Item have Unit as Pieces at Item master level and when you want to enter it in other Unit MM, its giving error. I’m I right ?

You need to do “Unit conversion” to fulfill this. Which version of AX your using? (AX 2009 or 2012).

In AX 2009 - Basis > Setup > Units > Unit conversion (OR)

In AX 2012 - Organization Administration > Setup > Units > Units > Select the Unit and click on Unit conversion and create new …

For ex: 1 Piece = 1 MM

I hope this is what your looking at.

Hi,

No, it’s something else.

(I use AX 2012)

I have a release product with purchase, sell and inventory unit = ‘Pieces’.

My business unit is MM and this unit isn’t shown in the unit-table so no conversions can be made. I think so because ‘Business unit’ is a financiel dimension.

So i don’t understand why there is a link between business unit and the other units.

Hi,

Financial dimension is differ from units. its no way related to units.

Ex: Financial dimensions will be used for different purposes like sharing expenses to different dept.

indeed, that’s what i think also…but why gives the system the above error???

There is probably a modification involved. Can you get a developer to debug it?