Error configuring partitions during AX 09->12 upgrade.

Hi,

I’m currently upgrading from AX 09 to 2012. I have a live AX09 and a copy of that instance that I am testing the upgrade process on. So far I’ve imported all the necessary XPO, ALD and help files and was starting the Upgrade Checklist. When I get to “Configure Partitions” on the upgrade checklist I am presented with this Error:

Request for the permission of type 'SqlStatementExecutePermission' failed.
(S)\Classes\SqlStatementExecutePermission\demand
(S)\Classes\Statement\executeUpdate
(C)\Classes\ReleaseUpdatePartitionsMappingDatabase\createDefaultPartition - line 50
(C)\Classes\ReleaseUpdatePartitionsMappingDatabase\initPartitions - line 8
(C)\Classes\ReleaseUpdatePartitionsMappingDatabase\initMappings - line 8
(C)\Classes\ReleaseUpdatePartitionsMapping\initMappings - line 4
(C)\Forms\DEL_ReleaseUpdatePartitionsMapping\Methods\init - line 5
(C)\Classes\SysSetupFormRun\init - line 3

----
A few google search led me to believe that the job needs to be run on the server. I have tried running the job as "RunOn Server" which does remove the error but nothing seems to happen.
Any help would be appreciated.
Many Thanks.
Jamie

Compile your application, this will sort out your issue.

Hi, The application just finished compiling and the error still occurs, any other ideas?

Just looked into the problem some more, the exception seems to appear once this is run:

statement.executeUpdate(sqlStringSystemSequenceEntry);

with _exception being " Code Access Security "

Bump

I am also facing the same problem while upgrading from AX2009 to AX2012 R2.

Anybody please help???

Thanks

Mudassar

This is the reply i got from Kevin Kidder from Microsoft. It works for me. You can use it and see the magic

You could execute the following code in SQL Management Studio to create the rows - If you want a different language for the partition name ‘Initial Partition’ you will have to look up the label @UPG4632 and pick the language you want.

declare @tabID int;

set @tabID = (select TABLEID from SQLDICTIONARY where NAME = ‘DEL_ReleaseUpdatePartitions’)

insert into DEL_RELEASEUPDATEPARTITIONS (PARTITIONKEY,NAME,RECVERSION,RECID)

values (‘Initial’,‘Initial Partition’,1,5637144576)

insert into SYSTEMSEQUENCES (ID,NEXTVAL,MINVAL,MAXVAL,NAME,TABID,DATAAREAID,RECVERSION,RECID)

values (-1,5637144577,1, 0xffffffffffffffff,‘SEQNO’,@tabID,‘DAT’,1,-1)